Really quite disappointed.
We came to the hotel for afternoon tea and to use spa facilities and had quite a few issues:
- Key card I was given did not work so I couldn't get into spa area, a passing employee swiped me in on hers however failed to tell me I'd need another swipe to gain entry to the pool, so there I was in my bikini unable to gain access to the pool, I had to knock on the door and another guest let me in.
- There was 1 lounger and 3 chairs poolside, which were all taken so I stayed only 30 mins
- Original hair dryer didn't work so had to leave the changing room area to try and fine someone to assist, another dryer was found for me, then had to wait for another passing employee to swipe me back in to changing rooms.
- this hair dryer worked for a few minutes, then started to spark from the wall plug, above scenario again, leaving changing rooms, half dressed, half wet hair trying to find help.
- eventually found a employee who allowed me to use another room to dry hair.
- next afternoon tea, went to dining room, had to wander around for a few minutes to try and find someone, by this point there were another couple behind us also looking for someone to serve us.
Eventually a lady came over and checked us in, asked to see group on voucher which I showed her via my phone, she took a security code but said she also needed a I.d code, she showed me to a computer and asked me to log into my group on and print voucher then walked off and left me to it, located voucher on computer and tried to print, however there was an issue with the printer. I had to go back into restaurant and spent 5 mins trying to find her again. She eventually came over again and I showed her voucher on computer screen, and she found the code she needed,this was identical to what I'd shown her on my phone 10mins earlier?!
On the whole just really disappointed, electrical faults can't be blamed on staff but feel that a replacement key card from the onset would have saved a lot of embarrassment.
Was testing this venue as a possible venue for our wedding guests to stay later this year but have decided against it after this experience and we will recommend elsewhere.
On the plus side the afternoon tea itself was good and the reception and bar staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland