Pleasant hotel with comfortable beds and obliging staff. However there were a number of faults. For instance the safe was right at the top of the wardrobe and difficult to reach, and I'm over six foot tall. The standard bedroom was small but adequate, although a bit chilly as the thermostat wasn't working. Light bulbs not working and other small niggles which perhaps should have been dealt with.
The worst part of the stay was the breakfast which in my opinion was not good enough for a hotel of this class. If the guest didn't want to eat bacon and eggs etc the choice of other options were limited and looked unappetising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland