We have just spent 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza Royal Terrace and would definitely stay here again. It was only let down by variable service (and food) at breakfast. The hotel location is great - 10 min walk from station and a quiet road but loads nearby. We upgraded to a club superior room that was a great size - very relaxing with a lush bathroom. Our room overlooked the gardens - think this is the best side of the hotel as the road noise from the cobbles is quite loud. The club lounge is a definite bonus - soft drinks/coffee during the day and canapés and alcohol from 6pm to 8pm - canapés really rather good. Ate in the restaurant one evening and had the best steak for a while (beat anything in the States last year). Food very good - and a bonus that they took taste card. Reception always very helpful. Breakfast was the usual buffet affair with scrambled eggs drying out BUT they would do fresh poached, omelettes etc. it got rather busy at weekends and the staff at breakfast not as helpful as others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland