Okay, maybe we got unlucky because this hotel was the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. We were given a ground floor room behind reception and from 5am all we could hear was banging doors. It was continuous so we woke up every morning to the sound of doors banging. One morning a staff member was taking a call in the corridor and we could hear every word. Then there was the drains... We could hear rushing water as people upstairs flushed loos or took showers. And one morning we could hear Gardeners talking at our window (it backed on to a garden). It was horrible and uncomfortable. That said, the staff were lovely and the over-all hotel facilities and room was clean and what we were expecting. My only gripe with the room is that there was no conditioner or chocolates left for us for 2 days. Otherwise a nice hotel that is not too far from station (10-12 mins walk). It's up a slight hill and off the main road. Take no.5 Bus to the Fringe Festival or Royal Mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Superbreak UK so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland