Cherry Tree Villa Guest House
US$320
US$125
US$107
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$759
US$611
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrelocal pubs and restaurantsbus linesfellow guestsspent a weekholyrood parka short bus ridearthur's seatroom was clean and comfortablemain attractionstop floorquiet areatwo nightsedinburgh festivalthird floorroyal mileensuite
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here with my eldest Son for 5 nights in May. From the moment we arrived Peter made us feel very welcome! Our room was very tidy, and must say the 'Bed' was extremely comfortable. Cheerytree Villa is situated on a quite street with easy access to Edinburgh's attractions. As I am originaly from Edinburgh, I have a biased opinion of Edinburgh, but one things for sure, when I next return, Cheerytree Villa will be the place I book into!!
I would have no hesitation in recomending Cheerytree Villa. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed for two nights.Nice and clean room, would have liked to have curtains, since the lamp outside, by the entrance, was lit at night. Friendly atmosphere. Helpful host. Nice breakfast. Quiet street. Within walking distance to town center, also a lot of buses stop nearby. We were completely satisfied . Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnLisS
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I found Cherry Tree on the web and basis positive reviews went ahead and booked. I am glad I did for the following reasons-
1) We had booked for the 11th of June for 2 nights, however due to some confusion on my part I couldn't go to Edinburgh that day. Nervously i called Peter to change the reservation which he gladly accomodated (later i learnt that he was full and had to shift things around). I was relieved as my experience with most hotels is very different, they are only interested in charging a retention fee vs helping the guest.
2) On our arrival at Cherry Tree Peter was at the door waiting, what made me feel welcome was the warmest smile he served!
3) Peter had reserved a family room on the ground floor which was very thoughtful considering we were with our 2 children.
3) The hotel is spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and crisp sheets. The room was surprisingly larger than I thought based on the web pictures. The ensuite bath means they had to add bathrooms to a 350 year old construction therefore they are small, but to me it didn't matter at all.
4) Breakfast consisted of a choice of cereal, choice of egg, sausage or bacon, toast, tea and coffee. A good way to start your day. It kept me full till about 2pm
5) Location- The bust stop is a 2 mins walk from the hotel and all buses on that route will take you to the royal mile and it's parallel street the Princess Street.

In all we were very happy with our stay and Peters hospitality, I recommend the Cherry Tree to all.

Room Tip: While all buses from the Cherry Tree going North will stop at the city center, the same is not applicable when you take a bus from the city center. You either need to remember specific bus numbers otherwise it's ok to step in the bus and check with driver if the bus will go to East Mayfield. The bus drivers are very helpful and know exactly where the guest houses are and will happily guide you including telling you the bus number and which stop to go to.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My husband and I began a much-anticipated 4 week holiday in Scotland by staying at the Cherry Tree Villa Guest House, May 2012. And this BnB is a great beginning for Edinburgh tourists. Here's why: Your host, Peter, is a delight! He is especially thoughtful, with practical tips for starting/organizing the essential bits and pieces of a city-tour. For instance, he had change needed to ride the bus, along with 3-4 ideas for where to eat, lots of brochure-touring information. Cherry Villa has an easy-to-find location, good public transportation (bus) and also close-by neighborhood shopping, but is also quiet, essential for a good sleep after a long plane ride. Our room was sparkling clean/warm and the breakfast made to order, including paying attention to our desire to have the bacon crisp! We will remember Peter, the Cherry Tree Villa, with plans to return..

Room Tip: Ask for a room on ground floor, if you find stairs and luggage more of a challenge.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Clean, comfy, quiet and great value for money and all within a short bus ride to the city. The host Peter was friendly and helpful, as was all the staff. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple