Good hotel but certain things are letting it down. I booked this room for 4 nights in the £10 per night offer, very please with the room over looking the river to the rear on the top floor. Small niggly things let it down. Front desk staff absolutly fabulous, small problem when I went to check in, in such that they had already booked some one else in under my name, but hey they got it sorted. Room was clean and tidy. When we went to un-pack we found that the draws had been screwed close and the handles removed, when I asked the staff why I was told that the cleaning company had does this so it does not take so long to clean a room. My question is why have a facility then take it away? The only real problem with this hotel is the outside cleaning company. I placed the towels in the bath to be replaced and all they did was fold them back up and put them back on the shelf. On the final night, on returning from our day out we found that the room had not ben hoover as there was flakes of what looked like paint all over the floor. when talking to the front desk staff, they did offer to move us but I said it was our last night and it wasn't worth it.
Overall a good hotel, basic. excellent location just outside of the city centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland