This hotel is shabby and grubby. There were holes and scuff marks on the corridor walls and on entering our room on the third floor we were met with a musty/sewerage smell which could not be masked even after half a can of deoderant being sprayed. The toilet had a textured floor which had ground in dirt and looked as though it hadn't been scrubbed for months. As we were only staying for one night, we decided to spend as little time as possible in this establishment. We arrived about 5pm and had a taxi booked by 6pm to take us to the centre of Edinburgh only returning to sleep at 10pm. We checked out at 8.30am and have to say the only thing that made staying in our room bareable is the fact that the bed was clean and comfortable and we slept well through the night. Yes you do get what you pay for and as I have previously stayed in a Travelodge in Crewe with similar complaints I decided to give this chain the benefit of the doubt and booked this room, big mistake!! I will happily pay more in future for our accommodation and will avoid Travelodge from now on. This was our third Travelodge experience and it certainly wasn't third time lucky. Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland