After reading the reviews on trip advisor the day before we stayed at the hotel, I was more than a little apprehensive about what to expect at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is your standard budget hotel. The staff were friendly, allowing us to check in two hours early after a very long drive. The room itself was modest but fine for a two day stay. My only issue was that the carpet could have done with a better hoover and there were two squashed spiders on the blind which was a little grim. The bed was comfortable and there was a heater in the room to warm it up. In the morning, breakfast was from 7am til 10am and was very good. It was all you can eat which was good for the busy two days we had. My only issue was that it was £5 a day for parking which I would have expected to be included in the price of the hotel but still cheaper than city centre parking. The walk into the city was around 15/20 mins but a lovely walk through a lovely city. Overall my partner and I had a wonderful stay and were definitely not ready to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland