This hotel has been rebranded countless times but don't let that put you off. It's been a Ladbrokes, Hilton, Menzies, travelodge and now a Britannia. Last refurb was under the travelodge brand so that's the standard of rooms.
Clean, great location (5 pound for 24hr parking, buy ticket from cryptic machine then get ticket stamped at reception). Nice walk down by the waters of leath. About 15 mins walk (up hill) to west end of princes street. Friendly staff. 4 star it isn't. Good value it is. Max I would pay for a room here is 40 pound a night.
Ignore what use to be the reception and go down hill round the back to the new reception. Closed old reception at front looks a bit ugly but makes total sense to move it round the back next to car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland