Stayed in here for 1 night on New Year's Day. Didn't really expect much for £35 a night but for the price it was a basic but decent room that was very clean and comfortable. The service was fantastic and checking in was a breeze. Check in is at 2pm but if you have bags and want to leave them then they will look after them for you.
The room is similar to a travel lodge type room. The bathroom really good, very powerful shower and decent size bath.
I didn't eat there but the hotel does do basic evening meals if you want to dine in. There is also a bar with reasonably priced drinks.
The hotel is exactly 20 minutes walk to Edinburgh Waverley station and 10 minutes walk to hay-market.
Would defiantly recommend to anyone who wants to stay the odd night and just wants to get their head down, probably not recommended for a couple looking for a romantic night though !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland