What can I say about this hotel? It was certainly much much better ran when it was the Dragonara, the Menzies and the travelodge! I loved the location when I used to stay with my children - had a decent car park and the travelodge ran it reasonably well - not sure why they sold it!
Things have went downhill since then however in terms of service, food and cleanliness - most of the reviews here are spot on - and the staff - who are no doubt well used to dealing with complaints - gave the impression of being wearied and fed up. You will have a job getting any money back. I certainly did!
If it's just a place to lay your head and you are a backpacker and just want a base within 15 mins of town centre then its passable I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland