We must have been there around the same time as some other guests commenting below. We have travelled a lot in the last few years and have never struck such a bad hotel. Unfortunately it was a long weekend and most hotels had booked out, so this one was free. Now I know why.
All went wrong from the start. Didn't get the room we pre booked. Never mind. The room and corridor carpets were very dirty and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed for a week. Hot water was non existent. The fire alarms went off at 1.00am and everyone had to exit out into the rain and cold. It ended up a false alarm after over an hour waiting in a cold garage. That didn't really matter except that they went off again at lunchtime the next day. The staff quickly turned them off.
The floors were so loose and squeaky and walls very thin. Noisy drunk people drinking outside until the early hours. The second night our ceiling started leaking from pipes up in the ceiling.
Breakfast wasn't good. Scrambled eggs had some shells in it. It was busy so they kept running out of eggs and kept people standing around for ages until some more was brought out.
Staff rushed passed in the morning and we were still in the room getting ready to leave. They just gave us some towels and toilet paper after we asked and went on there way.
We were glad we found somewhere else to stay for our remaining three days in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland