Booking was quick and efficient on-line despite doing so 3 hours before arriving. Check in was friendly and staff welcoming. I arrived at eight in the evening and I was able to have a full meal in the bar/ restaurant which, although basic was very clean and food was very good and well presented. Bar staff were very friendly and helpfull. Good choice of breakfast in the morning that was mostly help-your- self, but well prepared. My bedroom was clean and tidy with tea making facilities and tv with limited channels. Full en-suite facilities were provided as was a very comfortable bed, desk and chair plus leather easy chair, etc. I heard no noise during the night despite the fact that the hotel was very busy and it is a child-friendly venue. The hotel is being refurbished at present although I could not fault the room I was allocated and it was not a refurbished room. I will use this hotel again and recommend it to fellow visitors. I would add that it is about 15 minutes walk from Haymarket Station but well worth the effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland