We had a reservation at a nearby hotel but there was a mistake in the number of people and we needed another hotel to accommodate extra people. The photos did not look too bad so we booked it.
Location: Nothing wrong. Its not in the city centre and we knew that.
Building: Weird. It looks like some old school dorm building converted to hotel.
Room: Its a room. That is all we can say. It has nothing. It doesn't even have a phone. Yes, it does not have a phone. Our phone battery died, so we couldn't set an alarm. So, while checking in, we asked the hotel for a morning call but was told it does not have such service. Therefore, we asked family member at another hotel to call the room in the morning. They called the hotel, but was connected to a central reservation centre, then had the call transferred to the Edinburgh property's reception, asked to be connected to the room and was told "we don't have phones in the room." Trust me, I stay at a lot of hotels across the world and this is the first time I saw a hotel room without a phone.
Plus, the walls must be empty at this place. We could hear EVERYTHING. We heard cars outside (as if they were driving right next to us). We heard people speaking (as if they are talking into our ears). We heard everyone walking in the hallway (as if they are stomping next to our heads).
We checked in past midnight, literally just slept (well, we tried) and left early morning to go to the airport. We were so happy that our stay was so brief. Just don't stay here. Just don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland