This hotel is unique in that i have never been woken by a shower that is in a room 6 doors down the corridor and is louder than the weir outside my window on the leith river. The staff have adopted a no rush policy, if you like hanging round reception areas whilst waiting to book in then this is the place for you. Our room smelt as though its previous inhabitant had lived in a dumpster for a week and left his damp sweat socks secreted somewhere in the room, for the next occupants (me) to play their own game of hide and seek. I was particularly impressed with the coffee stain on the wall and the unidentifiable white stain that led me me from the room door to my bed. My favourite though was when wanting a coffee in the morning there was a distinct absence of cups and when I asked "are there were any cups?"
A blunt "No"
"Do you have any paper cups?"
"How do i drink my coffe?"
A shrug "I dont know"
I can only assume judging by the stain in my room that they now stop providing cups for coffee incase the contents end up on the walls of the rooms and only tempt you with the smell.
The Proclaimers sang about the Sunshine on Leith, i would suggest you adopt the title of their most famous song and walk 500 miles to avoid it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland