Shabby and run-down as others have said, though perhaps not unacceptably so for a 3 star place. We stayed because they had availability when we booked during festival time, and they were a bit cheaper than the much more up-market and better-located competitors.
Multiple service problems.
1. We had booked for 6 nights but then had to cut that back to 5. The hotel refused to refund our prepayment, as was their right. But it wasn't acceptable to be greeted on arrival with 'we have you down as a no-show'. Surly retraction when I produced the email in which they said they would place a note in our reservation noting that we wouldn't be arriving until the second night of our pre-paid stay.
2. We twice had to ask for the door cards to be re-programmed as they had only been set for a single day and not for our full stay.
3. Room service failed to replenish toilet paper; we had to come to reception to ask for more and take back to our room.
4. On another day, we could tell that the maid had changed the towels in the room, but hadn't bothered to make the bed.
5. Staff regularly standing at the door to smoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland