“Best Punjabi Cuisine ”

Lazeez
Ranked #1,001 of 2,686 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

We were recommended to go here by a family member who used to work in Edinburgh and I must say, we were not disappointed.

Staying in Edinburgh for 5 nights, we ate food from here on 3 occasions. I couldn't tell you about the starters but the mains were excellent.

Enjoyed the Garlic Chilli Chicken and the Daal (both tasted like they were made by mum)! Their lamb is actually that (not the usual mutton you find in takeaways) which is a nice change. The naan bread is massive!

If in the city and you want home made Punjabi food, make sure you pop by but be prepared to wait, it's not only busy but the food is cooked from scratch.

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Awesome place. Doesn't have a great decor or nice sit-in arrangement but it all gets compensated with the great food they have to offer. Very reasonably priced, good portions, courteous attendants and above all great recipes. I wish they did more street food varieties for quick nibbles. My all time favourites are chicken tikka biryani, chicken punjabi masala, veg and mince samosa. . I can go on and on , they are all good dishes. Yummy! If you're waiting for your train at Haymarket go to this place instead and taste their amazing food.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

I've been popping by Lazeez now for about 5 years and the curries have always been consistent. One of the few that serve my personal favourite the North Indian Chilli Garlic (with lamb) and it's brilliant. The lamb is always tender, portions are generous and the takeaway is one of the best in Edinburgh. The sides (e.g. saag paneer or bindhi baji) are good too - these can be more of an after thought for some takeaways.

You might have to wait from 30 mins to an hour to get your food as it is always quite busy however it is definitely worth the wait though you best phone in advance! There are only a couple of tables and no toilet so it's best to use as a takeaway.

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

I often have take aways from Lazeez. I have always been happy with the food. At times you have to wait a while for it as they are often busy which I would say is a good thing... For the first time tonight my wife and I decided to go in and have our dinner in Lazeez. The food was fresh and outstanding. It was also very fairly priced for our meal and I can say anyone who likes this style of food will not be let down at Lazeez. Look forward to going back.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

too lazy to go to our regular favourite curry house so ordered a takeaway here. Was told 40 min wait so went home and returned for it, only to have to wait another half an hour, presumably they had forgotten it but no explaination or apology given. Chicken tikka masala was so unlike any other I had ever tried, way too salty, think it was made in a hurry. It was so bad it's definitely cured me of my laziness, I'd rather walk the two miles to our other one in future

4  Thank betsylovescake