“Still the best”

Lazeez
Ranked #1,001 of 2,686 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Started coming here about 5 years ago and the quality has never wavered. So tasty. Whilst other Edinburgh Curry joints let the praise go to their head this is the most reliable one I have come across. Occasionally on weekends you have to wait a bit longer for your order (simply because they're popular). But always worth the wait!

Faizan_Tahir, General Manager at Lazeez, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Hi.

Thank you very much for the review. I'm glad to hear you enjoy our food. I look forward to seeing you at Lazeez again.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Was eating here for some time but had very bad experience last night. Ordered food over the phone but decided to eat in the restaurant on arrival, just asked for two plates. The staff and owner lady refuses even the restaurant is empty and it is not even closing time.

Was eating here for some time and they never behaved like this. When I said this to the owner lady she replied "don,t care". I will never be visiting this place ever again, even if there is free food offer.

You going to go bankrupt soon if you continue behaving like this.

Good bye Lazeez.

2  Thank Murali V

Hi.

First of all I'd like to apologize for taking time to respond to this review - the business only took over the TripAdvisor page in the last few weeks.

I sent you a mail a few weeks ago seeking more information so we can rectify this issue and ensure you are a happy customer again. I'm very sorry if you felt mistreated and I look forward to your reply.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Ive heard some amazing reviews of this place so thought i should try it due to the 100% guarantee.
I really wish i didnt.
Pokoras were greasy and bland.
Butter chicken was like yellow milk. No consistency.
Lamb ceylon was overly spiced heat wise, which im guessing was to cover the lack of taste and the appearance of greasy sludge.
Save your stomach.
Avoid.

Hi.

I'm terribly sorry that the food you ordered wasn't enjoyable. If this was the case we would have been happy to refund you for any shortcomings.

Our butter chicken is one of our most popular dishes. The "yellow milk" you speak of may have been a mixture of the cream and butter spread used in the curry. The pakoras are a fried dish so not being oily is somewhat unavoidable, however they are normally full of taste and shouldn't be bland, I apologise for that. The lamb ceylon is one of our spiciest dishes, so being "overly spiced" seems normal when ordering a dish of that caliber. If you wanted something less spicy, a Lamb Madras could be wholeheartedly recommended - although still a spicy dish, it's not as spicy as the ceylon.

Again, I do apologise that you didn't enjoy your food.

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Visited this place earlier this evening and was pleasantly surprised. The people were very friendly and welcoming. There was a wide range in menu from pizzas, burgers to traditional curry's and chefs specials too. This place is a sit in and take away and was quite busy when I was ordering my take away. There was people eating in and the food looked lovely. My food was amazing! Great portions too and prices are reasonable. I'll definitely be returning.

Hi.

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to you visting our premises again. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Last night (Friday) ordered Punjabi paneer masala and North Indian chilli garlic chicken, plus plain nan and pilau rice. Both curries very tasty and definitely identifiably different from each other, which makes a change in my experience of lacklustre Edinburgh Indian takeaways. Delivered within advised timeframe of an hour. Pleasant delivery man. Will definitely be going back. Maybe tonight!