“OVER COOKED RUBBISH” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #879 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Newly refurbished bar/restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh's West End serving great food and cocktails. Open till 1am Daily.
Edinburgh
“OVER COOKED RUBBISH”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Visited last night on a Groupon voucher, and to say I was disappointed would be a slight understatement. Having read the previous reviews it looks like we maybe caught the chef on a bad night, but boy was it a bad night. I had chicken wings to start followed by fish and my wife had fish followed by Toffee apple crumble. The wings and fish should never have left the kitchen as they could not have been more over cooked, any chef should have realised that just by looking a what was leaving his kitchen.... obviously his fryer was far too hot. The pudding was terrible, the apples still had their skins on and it was tasteless! To call something a crumble and only have a sprinkling of porridge oats on top is just wrong. As I started off by saying the other reviews are all good and I hope for the sake of your future that this is the case, because if you continue to put out substandard food like this, you will lose custom very quickly. I would say that I previously visited on the day Andy Murray won Wimbledon and the food was terrific, so what has happened?????

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BTDEdinburgh

• Polish first
Edinburgh
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went for a girls boozy lunch and it didn't disappoint. Wonderful food, friemdly staff. Although I wasn't sure about salted caramel as a concept, it was lovely. The burger was devine, and not a huge mountain that I couldn't get my mouth round! Fantastic pub grub served with a smile.

2 Thank ClaireTEdinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Im a regular here as its a very central place to meet. We were greeted like old friends by lovely staff. There is a great choice of food. I had the brie pot to start which was just amazing! It was off the specials board followed by a pulled pork burger..... faultless! I always order a side of onion rings as they are massive, just and so dam tasty!!!! Im not normally a pudding fan but there was a salted chocolate carmel pot, it was lovely. I would think its a love or hate dish..... I loved it!!! Great value great food great service! You know I will be back!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bad Management and Over Priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This Manager by the name of Sue (Male) is full of excuses when confronted .My family are very disappointed after ordering food that was either over cooked or undercooked.

.On bringing this to the managers attention we hen felt very uncomfortable while whispering and looks towards our table took place .

The price of the drinks were very above average and not very well poured.One large wine being not the same as the other. again met with an excuse before being replace and then whispered about again

One other point was while the staff had delivered the meals to tables they seemed to gather at the end of the bar laughing and joking which we felt was very un professional

Definately will NOT BE BACK

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lauder, United Kingdom
“City centre gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Groupon voucher introduction to this treat. Excellent staff - really friendly and enthusiastic (Charlene) Great pub food, well-cooked fresh ingredients served in generous portions. Good wine list at reasonable prices - we'll be back!

2 Thank Leslie M