“Best curry in Edinburgh”

Delta Indian Takeaway
Ranked #1,176 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Great food and if you fancy something a bit different, all their specials are to die for. Call early at weekends if you need delivered tho, v popular.

1  Thank Peigi M

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Cant thank the staff at Delta enough for providing me with a banquet for 30 people. Service was amazing, they delivered food as promised with the chef arriving in my kitchen to help me serve a perfect meal. Everyone loved the food, a lot of full bellies!!! and happy faces when everyone left provided with a doggy bag. Most relaxed party I have had in a long time. All the family and friends want to compliment the chef for a fabulous meal.

1  Thank 55Jane15
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Excellent freshly prepared Indian fodder. Absolutely recommended.

1  Thank t01dja3
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We have been using the Delta for many years as we live locally. The food is always freshly prepared to order, hence there is normally a wait for your meal. We normally order by phone and collect the food 25-30 mins later. A nice touch is free poppadums, spicy onions and mango sauce with every delivery. Pricing is extremely compatible and the staff are always courteous and attentive. Find it hard to believe the other review, must have been a one-off, as we have never experienced poor food or value from this restaurant.

Will continue to use the Delta - don't change - you've got it just right!!

1  Thank fluffysnookie
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I stopped off at this takeaway on the road home from some meetings in Edinburgh. It is a takeaway - no sit-down restaurant etc. I ordered a portion of pakora. It was £2.35 I think. I had left my reading glasses in the car so the price on the menu was fuzzy. The pakora arrived and I scuttled back to my car.

On opening up the package I found five pieces of undercooked and greasy pakora. I found the eating unpleasant.

I also found the value for money disgraceful. My local offer over 20 pieces of pakora for £3.00.

On getting home I turned my change out of my pocket and counted it. I had given them a £10 note as I had no change whatsoever. The change I had in my pocket was less than expected. I had been short chaged as well.

I cannot recommend this place less. Poor food, poor value, and staff that cannot handle money.

Stay away.