This was the second time that we have stayed here, and both times we booked a 1-bedroom studio apartment, but were upgraded to a 2-bed 2-bathroom apartment. The apartment has everything you could want for a few nights stay (or longer - it was actually bigger than the 2-bed flat we live in, and better equipped!). On arrival there is tea, coffee and milk in the fridge. There's also a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave and oven/hob. The rooms are perfectly clean, although the walls are a little scuffed in places.
The car parking costs extra, but is still fairly cheap and pretty rare in edinburgh centre. The place itself is located right at the bottom of the royal mile, and well placed for all the sights, especially the parliament buildings and science museum, which are just around the corner. The car park can be a little hard to find, but if you pull up outside the hotel, the receptionist will be able to give you directions. There is a small tesco around the corner for all your grocery essentials. There is also a fitness suite in the aparthotel, although I've never used it - but the royal mile will give you a good workout if you walk fast enough.
Thoroughly recommend this place to stay, particularly if there is small group of you, such as two couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh