“Excellent!”

Ranked #72 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Manchester
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

It is the second time I stay in these apartments and it is always a very nice an professional experience.
Perfect location, nice looking and clean apartments, convenient parking for extra £10 (it's very hard/expensive to park elsewhere).
There are always nice complimentary treats for breakfast in the kitchen.
Highly Recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brakel, Belgium
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My mom , sister and I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. This apartment was so cool and so much nicer than staying in one hotel room with the 3 of us. It was just like being home away from home. Great location, rooms were nicely decorated and clean, beds were comfy, there was a toaster, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and fresh milk in the fridge on the day we arrived. We felt very welcome! Unfortunately my mom fell on the first day of our stay and was taken to hospital. The staff was ever so helpful with everything! A big thank you to all of them!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank els s
Loudoun County, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had made reservations at the Knights Residence Apartments for four of us to share a suite. Our friends we were traveling with had stayed there before and found it very nice so that is why we chose that hotel. Upon our arrival, we were told that occupants had decided to stay another night and then left the hotel for the day. Basically, we would not have a room that night but could return the next night. Charlie set us up with Holyrood apartHotel. It is at the bottom of the Royal Mile, set back a little bit. The location is the only thing going for this place. Trying to put aside our disappointment at being booted from Knights Residence for what I believe was an overbooking, we walked into the suite of rooms not in the best of spirits but not wanting to dampen our stay. Having said that, this place would be perfect if traveling with family or "hosteling" it. The carpets were dirty and one room had a ensuite bathroom with very tight accommodations and the other had a hall bathroom which was larger. The living space and kitchen were ok. Not the most comfortable chairs and couch for resting. The kitchen did come stocked with oj, and some other amenities, however our bread had mold on the bottom. The washer/dryer (it is one machine that does both oddly) was so small that one pair of jeans would fit. Good thing we brought enough to last our two week trip through Scotland and didn't need to use it.
All in all, not what we paid for, not what we expected, not the cleanest. Garbage truck comes through early a.m. to the alley below making lots of noise and birds that follow. After looking at other reviews, perhaps our room was the exception. It was just "ok".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at Holyrood apartHOTEL, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
My thanks to this guest for the review and although I sympathise with their having been outbooked from The Knight Residence, a direct comparison with a 5 star property is a little unfair. The Holyrood is an exceptionally comfortable and clean 4 star Aparthotel, but don't take my word for it -just look at all our other reviews.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

There were two of us, work colleagues, sharing -- and it was no problem. Had plenty of privacy in the two bedroom format (room 506). We spent our time out sightseeing so didn't get to take advantage of the lovely room, around the corner from King Arthur's Seat (amazing hikes!). Beds very comfortable, showers good, kitchen fantastic. We had the breakfast basket, and that was really nice to have juice, milk, toast and cereal for our first morning. The only minor complaint was that there was a water pump that was quite noisy. We got around it by not running water once people went to bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NancyLise
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at Holyrood apartHOTEL, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
A smashing write up for the Holyrood Aparthotel and I would like to extend a big "Thank You" to this guest for letting me know what a great time they had in Edinburgh, and at the Aparthotel. Hope to see them again soon...

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We discovered Holyrood apart hotel thru tripadvisor reviews. Stayed this summer for 4 nights .
The location is perfect at the end of Royal mile. The two bedroom apartment was spacious and had all the conveniences in the kitchen. well maintained. The hop on bus stop is close and don't miss the tesco.
The staff are cooperative and helpful.
The only problem I had was with the washing machine and the dryer for some reason was not working.
Overall a great location and great value.

Room Tip: take a two bedroom on gr floor o the far side and less noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for choosing the Holyrood Aparthotel and for posting such a wonderful review. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the Washer/Dryer but I am glad to learn that we were able to replace the unit in question quickly.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A beautiful little hotel. Great Location. I was in Edinburgh working on a documentary for Canadian television. I was literally gob-smacked when I walked into the room - two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen - all to myself and my camera gear and I have a lot of camera gear. Getting gear into and out of the room was a little challenging as the halls and doors were narrow but I expect that in Europe. They have an elevator to the secure parking area so that was a big bonus. The staff was great - courteous, friendly, helpful - despite having to deal with a jet-lagged camera crew and a bus-load of tourists at the same time. Easy walking distance to pubs, restaurants, convenience store, book store, Scottish Parliament yet on a quiet backstreet. Very reasonably priced for what you get, I plan to stay there with my family next year when we visit relatives in Scotland.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pocketsrogers
A super review and many thanks for finding the Holyrood Aparthotel. I am grateful for the kind words and do look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Melbourne
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Had a lovely time staying here. Perfect for our needs (apartment rather than a hotel room) and its location is well within walking distance of the Castle and Princes St for all the shopping. It is also right on the doorstep of the sights and sounds of the Royal Mile where the choice of restaurants, cafe's and pubs is very extensive.
The Aparthotel itself is very clean, comes with all kitchen utilities (apart from wine glasses for some reason, if they were there, I couldn't see them). But coffee, tea, sugar and fresh milk was provided on arrival.
There is a carpark which comes at 10 pounds per night which I think is reasonable considering that car parking in Edinburgh appears to be at a premium. The car park is small so can imagine at peak season, or festival time it would be full. However parking can be reserved on booking.
Overall, if I ever come back to Edinburgh I would be looking to come back so no more to be said, very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at Holyrood apartHOTEL, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Many thanks to this guest for a super review of the Holyrood Aparthotel and I am glad to read they will be coming back to us at some point. When they do -and for the benefit of future guests - they will find the wine glasses in the sideboard unit in the lounge (under the TV).