I was double charged for my stay and I am yet to get the money back - I have to wait 10 working days for the pre-authorisation charge to be lifted from my visa debit. For some reason I was asked to pay on arrival and then again on departure. I was also told told on arrival I had to pay £50 deposit on top of a 'pre-authorisation' charge of the full amount. Also I specifically asked for a top floor room but on arrival I was given a ground floor room and they told me there was nothing they could do, ground floor - you more or less have to keep the blinds closed so people cant see in. You have to pay for wifi, and the signal is terrible, you have to walk around the room to pick up the signal. We put our passports in the safe and when we tried to get them out, the safe would not open even though the password was correct, and an alarm went off for ages. We had to make so many unnecessary phone calls to resolve all our issues. On the last note the location is a little bit of the way. If I were you planning a trip to the lovely Edinburgh I would chose elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holyrood Aparthotel offers you best hotel accommodation in Edinburgh. Choose one of our exclusive self catering apartments and enjoy the privacy & services of a hotel room but with with the freedom and space more like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holyrood apartHOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holyrood ApartHOTEL Edinburgh, Scotland
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh