“Favourite Chinese away from home”
Review of Shangri-La

Shangri-La
Ranked #752 of 2,568 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Chinese food is my absolute favourite and you know what it's like when you have a Chinese you like -you don't like the risk of trying a new one.

This wee place is right below my friends flat so I just tried it out out of sheer laziness and convenience if I'm honest but it turned out to be the best Chinese I've ever had that wasn't my top favourite from back home (The Lucky Garden in Cumbernauld).

The woman who is always in (I'm assuming owner?) is ALWAYS cheery and ALWAYS goes out of her way to give you what you want. I even asked for something last time that wasn't on the menu and she said she'd never been asked for it before but made sure I got it anyway.

Love the place. I only eat out of two Chinese restaurants now and this is one of them.

I just had one ;)

1  Thank therichyedwards

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Great little find - glad we poped in.
The owner tina was extremely friendly even thou she was the only person on the floor dealing with us , another couple and a party of 5- she was a great host. Apologising for the delay ( even though is wasnt ling at all ) but glad of the complementry prawn crackers none the less :)
This place felt like sitting in your own kitchen

1  Thank Claire D
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I love little businesses that go that extra mile for you, and this is certainly one of them :)
Food is always 100% fresh, whether you sit in or takeaway,to top it off the owner is so friendly and kind, nothing is a bother and never rushes you, and great value for money !

3  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were a group of 5 and we all had a great night at this very welcoming friendly restaurant. Tina the owner could not have been more accommodating. Everyone enjoyed their food thanks to their great chef. Service was excellent. We were even given complimentary Chinese liqueurs after our meal. Will definitely be back. Excellent value for money. Byob an added bonus. Many thanks for a great night.

2  Thank hungryhorris
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My friend and I recently met for dinner and went to the Shangri-La. Tina, the owner, was very friendly and attentive and the food was great. They offer a table d'hote as well as a la carte. My friend and I chose the former menu and there was a great choice.

The food was very tasty and obviously freshly made but the restaurant itself was freezing! There are two small heaters at the front of the restaurant and that's your lot. It was a really cold, windy night and another couple of heaters were definitely required.

I will be back but not until the summertime!

2  Thank jkat26srn