“Friendliness and good customer service”
Review of Shangri-La

Shangri-La
Get food delivered
Ranked #812 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2016

On walking into the Shangri La I was greeted by Tina and sat down. Tina took the time to know us and tell us about the different dishes and how or if you would like them. For myself this is what makes a place when you feel special. The menu is fairly priced and the food we had was very well presented and cooked to out needs. I would recommend to anybody to give this place a visit as its well worth it. The atmosphere is very nice and the only other comment I would say that I just wish it was bigger. We'll defo be back!

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank snappychappy2015
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed 3 March 2016

A warm welcome when we arrived although rather cold a heater was placed close and soon warmed up. The food was very good and our plates were empty at the finish. The atmosphere was easy going mainly due to Tina who was the perfect hostess. This was a second visit for us and it did not disappoint. Alan and Carole.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Alan205611
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Ordered from here for the first time last night, and after reading reviews thought I'd finally found a decent chinese takeaway in Edinburgh. Ordered bog standard lemon chicken & deep fired crispy beef as a tester - if they can't get that right no point in trying them again. Got the food and while ok-ish, there was something a bit not right with the chicken sauce, and the crispy beef was way overcooked & a bit like eating charcoal, and the sauce had some added unnecessary stuff to it and again just didn't taste quite right, so most was left and put in bin. I've had worse, but I've had a lot better, sorry. The quest to find a half decent chinese takeaway in Edinburgh continues. Suggestions welcomed!

1  Thank nicki f
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Very friendly welcome as soon as you enter through the door,she gave us a heater to keep us warm,the food was very nice,and everything was cooked to perfection,and we would go back again.
thanks Sonia & Gavin Clarke

1  Thank gavin c
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Just enjoyed a lovely meal here last night, the food was amazing and the staff were so attentive. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was some of the best Chinese food I've had. I definitely recommend you give it a go!

2  Thank Aisling D