“Customer Service Excelence” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Coventry
“Customer Service Excelence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

If the site had more stars I would give them all. Truly one of the finest hotel experiences my wife and I have ever had. We only had two nights to enjoy Edinburgh so we wanted to be close to everything and also have a nice place to rest our heads after sightseeing all day. We never expected to get the experience we received Stayed for 3 nights and it was Our first stay with Premier Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised. For me cleanliness is so important and the hotel room was spotlesssly clean as was the hotel in general. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had no complaints and would recommend this hotel.

Wow!! Everything about this Hotel screams... Wow!! Beautiful design, location, serene feel and most of all, the Staff. It was the unbelievable customer service that really knocked me sideways. I went in expecting 3 star and left feeling as though I was leaving behind a home and friends. To me, this is so much more than the standard (and often fake) 5 star treatment. The charismatic and energetic concierges Hellen and Hanne bent over backwards to help make sure my visit to this charming city reached full potential. So so welcoming!

All the Staff greeted me personally, reassuring me that 'nothing was too much trouble.' They gave up there time to really get to know there guests and offered recommendations based on what we wanted out of our trip. My rule of never going back to the same place has been shattered after this experience! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Among all the 'must see attractions & experiences in Edinburgh,' visiting the Premier Inn at Edinburgh Park should be up there in the same category, If only to experience the second to none customer service! You made my Edinburgh experience!! I can't Thank you enough! However, after this visit, my South African friend who stayed with me, now expects this treatment everywhere... she thinks I'm related to the Royal Family?? I can not top this!!

The location makes walking to anything you want to see easy and the hotels restaurant suggestions were great. Take time and relax in their lounge, it is the perfect way to end a perfect day. If I have any regrets it's that we didn't stay longer. All in all one of the best stays ever. We will definitely go back and as far as I'm concerned there is no other place to stay in the entire city that could come close to matching the Premier Inn experience. P.S. no I am not being paid to write any of this but would gladly take a free nights stay :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SummerHolder1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Electronic check in and incredibly friendly front desk staff. As the hotel has just opened everything was spotless. The room was as expected from a Premier Inn. Breakfast had a wide selection and kids eat free with an adult breakfast. What makes this a perfect location is the proximaty to the train station - next door (and free parking)! From here the train into Edinburgh Waverley takes 10 minutes. Much easier than driving into the city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LisaMJ51
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel foyer is more like a boutique hotel with staff positioned at podiums and a very efficient touch screen electronic check in.
The staff I encountered were all incredibly friendly and very efficient especially Joseph the Maitre D' who appeared to run the restaurant effortlessly. The whole place was very clean and well designed with the air of a hotel costing more than Premier Inn rates. The rail station is literally a 1 minute walk from the reception desk and with free parking on site makes the 4 minute train journey to the Haymarket station or 9 minute journey to Waverley more attractive than battling with the city centre congestion and car parking (£12 per night at the Lauriston Place Premier Inn!). I have already recommended this place to colleagues who may have a need to use a hotel in Edinburgh as its one of the best I've stayed at and I've stayed at many throughout the UK as it is our company's hotel chain of choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveller470
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed in the hotel for two nights. It has only been open for two weeks so everything is new.

There is a bar and restaurant within the hotel.

All the staff were helpful and always ready to help if needed. The rooms were the usual good standard from Premier.

The food selection is good and reasonably priced and the bar isn't too expensive. There isn't much to do there as it is in the middle of an industrial site but there is a shopping centre quite near.

The breakfast is good quality and is a buffet - I always think that £7.99 (Standard Premier Inn price) is a bit steep though.

Overall, it was a good stay and I am going back this week!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PhilBJ10
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

A group of 3 families stayed here for 3 nights and we had a great time. The hotel has only been open 2 weeks so everything is sparkling new with a very modern feel. The staff are friendly and helpful and were great with the kids in our group. The restaurant was very nice and the food was good value for money. If you're travelling by train, you can't get nearer to the station than this.By car its a bit difficult to find until he sat nav recognises it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mrscalum
Rochdale, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel has only been open for three weeks, and the postcode didn't register on my sat-nav, so it took me a good 20 minutes of driving round (and eventually asking a taxi-driver for directions) before I found it.
It's directly across the road from a train station, so if you're travelling by rail, it's no problem.
On check-in, the staff demonstrate a touch-screen check-in system which dispenses your room key and accommodation vouchers.
The rooms are typical Premier Inn, with wi-fi costing £3 for 24 hours (it's time they stopped charging) , digital tv channels and full size bath. I had issues with the room thermostat, which eventually I discovered, is controlled by reception and not you.
The evening meal was the type of fare you'd expect, and the meal deal they do, gives you a limited choice of starter/main/sweet with a drink .Nothing special, but the young waiting staff were keen to attend to the limited number of diners.
Breakfast is buffet self-serve, and pretty average - cold plates to the hot buffet aren't conducive to a "hot" breakfast.
There is nothing much nearby in the way of bars/restaurants unless you have a car.
Overall, it's what you'd expect from this brand - not very good, not very bad, just mid-range

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business