“Fantastic as always” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Lovely new hotel, staff very friendly. Particularly Angel, the Spanish barman.. Was great with the kids. Receptionish very nice and helpful, even gave the kids free easter eggs too!!!

Next door to the train station so 10minutes from Edinburgh centre... Tip: take the train to the centre, roads are a nighmare with closed roads, blocked junctions etc due the tram installation....

Great Premier Inn though, as a regular user of their hotels I can honestly say I have never had a bad hotel !!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

A new hotel outside the city centre, but next to a very quiet railway station at a Retail park that's one stop to central Edinburgh. So you get all the benefits of the capital without the cost. Buses into the city also run frequently (and cheaper than the train). Location is near the Gyle shopping centre and from there you can get a bus to the Zoo to see the pandas. A couple of train stops in the opposite direction will take to you to West Lothian and into Livingston where the McArthur Glen designer outlet is based. You can even go into Glasgow on the same train.

I've stayed at this hotel only once when I was unable to get home from work when heavy snow fell (I work nearby). It's a typical Premier Inn in decor. It is very clean, quiet, the staff are great and helpful and friendly. It really is one of the better Premier Inns I've visited and I stay in them a lot. There is a Costa coffee shop , a restaurant and a bar. Everything you need after a day of wandering about Edinburgh or the Lothians. Parking is also free. There's a large Tesco supermarket is in the nearby Retail Park to purchase goodies for your room.

It's also inexpensive. So forget about cramped expensive rooms in the city centre and eye watering parking costs and save your money by staying here and spend the difference on nice food and wine (or whisky)!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank LR
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

first time stay at edinburgh park this hotel was amazing staff were so freindly and nothing was abother to them would go back again and would recommend it to all my friends

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
UK-England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Our daughter, an Edinburgh resident, found this hotel for us so we weren't expecting much. We have travelled the world, staying in 4* and 5* hotels, and we have never found one quite like this. From the personal welcome on arriving to the personal goodbye this was the ultimate in perfection. Helen and Russel the Night Staff are the most wonderful hosts helping sort our small insignificant issues overnight, the room and ensuite exquisite in cleanliness, decor and comfort. With tea and coffee to choose from in the room and extras on demand including decafe, which is an added bonus. Iron and ironing board, telephone and hairdryer in room. Nothing was left wanting. Breakfast is delight. Helen was very knowledgeable about the City and more than willing to recommend places to visit and dine, when not enjoying the delights that the onsite restaurant had to offer. We thank you for a wonderful stay and, as long as our daughter stays in her small apartment, we will return for more. Every visitor to Edinburgh should try to book into this hotel !!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fozzybear01
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Decided to book this hotel due to the location and the events we attended nearby. My wife and daughter were pleased with the room and when we arrived the spare bed was already made. On route to the hotel we received a call asking if we are still coming?? Never had that before. Staff at the hotel are excellent and made the stay all the better. The usually Premier breakfast set us up for the day and the food from the Restaurant was excellent. The hotel is right next to Edinburgh Park train station and would be ideal for people wanting to visit the city with the hassle of driving. We are looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Coullio71
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Brilliantly helpful staff, great menu, fab location for hopping on a train to the city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

If the site had more stars I would give them all. Truly one of the finest hotel experiences my wife and I have ever had. We only had two nights to enjoy Edinburgh so we wanted to be close to everything and also have a nice place to rest our heads after sightseeing all day. We never expected to get the experience we received Stayed for 3 nights and it was Our first stay with Premier Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised. For me cleanliness is so important and the hotel room was spotlesssly clean as was the hotel in general. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had no complaints and would recommend this hotel.

Wow!! Everything about this Hotel screams... Wow!! Beautiful design, location, serene feel and most of all, the Staff. It was the unbelievable customer service that really knocked me sideways. I went in expecting 3 star and left feeling as though I was leaving behind a home and friends. To me, this is so much more than the standard (and often fake) 5 star treatment. The charismatic and energetic concierges Hellen and Hanne bent over backwards to help make sure my visit to this charming city reached full potential. So so welcoming!

All the Staff greeted me personally, reassuring me that 'nothing was too much trouble.' They gave up there time to really get to know there guests and offered recommendations based on what we wanted out of our trip. My rule of never going back to the same place has been shattered after this experience! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Among all the 'must see attractions & experiences in Edinburgh,' visiting the Premier Inn at Edinburgh Park should be up there in the same category, If only to experience the second to none customer service! You made my Edinburgh experience!! I can't Thank you enough! However, after this visit, my South African friend who stayed with me, now expects this treatment everywhere... she thinks I'm related to the Royal Family?? I can not top this!!

The location makes walking to anything you want to see easy and the hotels restaurant suggestions were great. Take time and relax in their lounge, it is the perfect way to end a perfect day. If I have any regrets it's that we didn't stay longer. All in all one of the best stays ever. We will definitely go back and as far as I'm concerned there is no other place to stay in the entire city that could come close to matching the Premier Inn experience. P.S. no I am not being paid to write any of this but would gladly take a free nights stay :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family