“Best city hotel yet!”

Ranked #32 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Dublin, Ireland
“Best city hotel yet!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've been in a lot of European hotels and never felt strong enough to write a review but I was blown away with this hotel! It is as you would expect with a Premier Inn and extremely clean and decent size rooms. The location and price however were really excellent, the Park train station is literally a 2min walk beside the hotel and a 3 pound return and two stop ride right into Weaverly station in the city centre. Considering the low price and the high standards this is a great hotel compared to others in the city.
The breakfast was much better than any breakfast I've had in any other European hotel and a very reasonable price. Rooms were lovely and clean, proper black out curtains, no noise, no early cleaners trying to get in, a really good and clean shower and air conditioning as well as extremely friendly and approachable staff. Very impressed with the comfy beds!
I would definitely recommend it and for the low price and great location I would definitely stay here again if visiting the city.

1 Thank NicsT90
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear NicsT90

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience, which I am happy that you have experienced throughout your stay.

I have passed on your review to all of the team here who are all delighted that you feel that we served a great breakfast - better than anything that you have had elsewhere in Europe.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here a couple of months, if you don't mind being out of the city centre (10-15 min train ride @ £3 return). The hotel is modern, check in using the auto check-in machine was quick and easy. We stayed for 3 nights and had booked the meal deal for each night, however after the first night we cancelled the remaining nights. The meal deal menus was very restrictive and no option to select something else for the same price/cheaper or even pay the difference. Service was slow in the restaurant in the evening, breakfast was great though with a good selection of fresh hot food, staff at breakfast were polite and efficient.
We used public transport to get to and from the airport and this was simple to do with a little research.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear gecm

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience, which I am happy that you have experienced.

Please accept my apologies that you did not love the Meal Deal menu that we offer, this is a new menu that we are running with, but as a result of your feedback I will pass this onto our menu development team to see if there is scope for any future changes & hopefully welcome you back to dine with us here.

Internet
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed there twice in 2012. Liked it from the first time. Good location, great value for money. Compared to some other 'quality' hotels... this one had no problem with quality (unlike more expensive ones that I won't name).

Only fault was the payment system. First time I checked in ... no trouble with my credit cards at all. Second time... the machine would NOT accept my credit card. Very embarrassing. I would suggest that staff look into that issue.

Very central location; and I liked the shopping malls nearby too. Quite convenient if/when the trams finally start running! Wow! Even easy to get to from the airport... fingers crossed!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Obblogatory
Dear Obblogatory

You are correct, our location is fantastic only 10 minutes on a train into city centre & when trams are up & running (hopefully spring 2014) will be only 10 minutes to Edinburgh Airport.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights with friends for my birthday and had a fab time! From walking in to this hotel to check out everything was perfect. This isnt like any other premier inn ive stayed in before, its fresh and clean and the staff do all they can to help you.
First off we got lost with sat nav, after a quick phone call to the hotel the receptionist on duty managed to sort us with a better postcode that took us straight there. When we arrived she greeted us with a smile and explained everything and booked dinner and breakfast for us. She was Polish, not long married (sorry cant remember how to spell her name). But she was lovely and very welcoming. We went to freshen up and the rooms were spotless. We were on the top floor and overlooking the train station but didnt hear a thing! The beds were really comfy and had freeview tv! Went for meal deals for dinner around £22, great value would highly reccomend. Got breakfast in this price too. The food was tasty and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and polite. We were served by the same girl on dinner and on breakfast and she recognised us every time we met around the hotel and would make time to chat (very personable, thank you Debbie) she sorted us all out with a big desert for my birthday, nice touch and all of the staff sang to me! They were all wonderful!
All in all this was a great trip and ill definately be back around new year. Keep up these great standards premier inn!
Thank you for making my birthday special and for being so nice!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear NikitaAlderton

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to both Alicia & Debbie who are delighted that they enhanced your stay with us here in Edinburgh. As a team at the hotel, we do strive to deliver & exceed all our guests’ expectations & I am happy that we have managed that & ensured you had a great birthday with us here in Edinburgh.

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Decided to stay here on my parents recommendation and was glad I took their advice. The hotel is next to Edinburgh Park rail station which has trains that get into the City centre in 5 or so mins for £3 return. There is plenty of free parking on site and the staff were good enough to let us keep the car there while we went to the Rugby at Murrayfield. The rooms were quiet and spotless which is what to expect from Premier Inn. The onsite restaurant was good and theres a little bar too. The price was spot on for the stay which is refreshing for Edinburgh.

Room Tip: When travelling to the Premier inn follow signs to the Gyle centre and then signs for Edinburgh Park...
1 Thank dooug46
Dear dooug46

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Murrayfield.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & hopefully show that listening to your parents has definitely paid off with you discovering us as your hotel of choice in Edinburgh.

I hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh to stay with us when you are here watching rugby with us again in Edinburgh.

Inverurie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here twice now - very clean, comfortable and quiet. Last time we stayed we had just arrived in Edinburgh after an overnight flight from New York via Heathrow. Although check-in is not till 2pm we turned up at midday, very weary, and the lovely people on the front desk managed to get us into our room straight away.

Dear Laurence Y

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & that this was now your 2nd visit! Although check in is not until 2pm, all of our reception team are fully trained to ensure that whatever our guests need, we try to deliver & I am very happy that you have experienced this service on your stay.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nice and clean but away from everything. Because it is away from town it was nice and quiet. Short train ride into town and the train station is literally a 1 minute walk from the hotel. Very nice and good for the price plus breakfast was good but not cheap at 12 quid

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Will A

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not feel that breakfast was great value, our breakfast service & value is something that we pride ourselves on, for only £8.95 each, all our guests can 'eat as much as they like' for their breakfast which is incredible value.