Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
US$613
US$129
US$125
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$185
US$167
1,823 results
All reviewstrain stationcosta coffeecity centrethyme restaurantretail parkmeal deallarge tescoreturn tickettransport linkstram servicetram systemday ticketeasy accessbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelfamily roomgood nights sleep
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is your standard premier inn regarding value (£29 a night) cleanliness, nice staff, etc The plus point off being next to the railway station (Edinburgh Park) is offset in the fact you can here every train passing up until after midnight and starting again before 6am, add in local buses on the road leading up to the hotel as well. No use for light sleepers I am afraid

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Toddlealong

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disturbed by external noise, if you do look to stay with us again to enjoy our great location, please let us know & we can certainly look to allocate you away from the train line to ensure that you have a good nights sleep.

I do hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh, where we will strive to look after you.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent accommodation, lovely breakfast, friendly staff. Really handy train service into Edinburgh. Runs every 10 mins or so for £3 return. Literally 1 min walk from reception to platform. Plenty of choice at breakfast, buffet warm and tasty. Food wasn't swimming in fat/oil like some places. Comfy bed and pillows, large rooms, overall really pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear killieliz

It certainly looks like you enjoyed all areas of the hotel & with our fantastic location which set you up to enjoy all that Edinburgh has to offer.

I hope to see you here again on your next visit to Edinburgh to stay with us again, where we will strive to look after you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Excellent. Clean hotel with welcoming, friendly staff, we received a first class service. Great location and facilities. We enjoyed the use of the bar and all Meals were lovely and good value for money! Great parking facilities and easy access to train, 2 minutes walk. Would recommend this hotel and would definetly return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lindafyv

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & took advantage of all the facilities within the hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for one night while we were in Edinburgh for the Christmas winter wonderland & Christmas market. Again it did not disappoint! Welcomed once again by Kerry who is really nice, very cheery & very helpful!! Our room...what you expect from a premier, clean, comfortable & plenty of space. Dinner was lovely & breakfast was great, plenty of choice, breakfast staff very friendly & cheery!!
Travel to city centre very easy on bus or train though the train is much quicker!! Would definitely use this hotel again when visiting Edinburgh & would definitely recommend to a friend!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear sneddz2

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, which is great with some fantastic transport links to the city Centre & Airport in 10 minutes & the outstanding value for your family.

I have passed onto your kind words to Kerry, great to see our team made a great impression on you & your family again.

I hope to see stay with again for the 3rd time on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Having stayed at this hotel before I suppose I had my expectations that the hotel would be to the previous high standard, well i'm very pleased to say it is.

With many new faces since my last visit I was alittle apprehensive that the hotel would be able to deliver the same attentive service we recieved before but I was wrong, the current staff here are as good as the previous ones if not better.

On arrival I was greated by the first of the new additons that I had the pleasure to meet. Daniela was polite and extreemly helpful in accomodating my request for a higher floor room, and answered my collection of genearl tourist like questions with a smile and genuine interest

The restaurant is where I saw the bigest change as I think everyone I saw was a new face. We were served by a young lady called Fatea, she again was polite, and seemed genuinely interested in how our day had been, we had a short conversation with her impending birth and she said she was excited but more than happy to be going on leave soon so she could rest. We ate our meal which was served in good time, I must admit though my husband was supprised that it was the chef Fili himself that came to see if his steak was to his liking which was a nice touch as you don't often see the people who work behind the scenes.

After a busy day sight seeing and doing the torist thing round the festive German market currently in princes st, we decided to have just a we tipple before bed. Liam the barman was the first familiar face I saw from our last visit, he made conversation with us while he poured our drinks and seemed genuine in his conversation not forced like many other hotels do, and infact his friendly nature and conversation managed to change our quick nightcap into several.

Our room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was spotless. Our only issue with it was that the matress was very uncomfortable just to sit on, it felt like the springs where about to stick through so I was alittle cautious about lying on it so phoned reception from the phone in the room, a lady answerd and offered us an extra duvet to be added to the bed as a matress topper wich seemed like a good idea, so we accepted.
The lady Helen another familiar face was soon at our room duvet in hand, and set about adding this to our bed for us, which was exceptionally kind as she appeared to be only a few weeks short of giving birth
. I offered to help but she said she was more than happy to do it for us, which was a lovely touch, I think most late night receptionist would have just handed the duvet over at the door without a thought for the customers let alone one in her condition.

After a great night sleep we headed down for breakfast to be greated by the most memorable face of all Mr Angel, the charismatic happy breakfast host. And he actually remebered us from before (he must have some memory). once seated we helped ourselves of the all you can eat buffet and plenty coffee to help soak up the excess alchol we consumed the night befor.
Breakfast was well cooked and plenty of choices and was constantly being restocked. Inbetween our choice of hot and cold options Esther the waitress cleared out table so we didn't look like piggys at a feast unfortunatly the small square tablest are not made for more than one plate each. Esther was plesent and even offered to get us more coffee while we ate which was very thoughtful.

On departure we were met by Kerry on recepiton another familiar face. Happy and cheerey but maybe just alittle too intense for 8am for those of you that are just that touch deliacate after the night before.

We where asked about our stay on several occassions through the duration by every department even the early morning housekeeper lyndsay who was just starting work and all I can say is excelent as ever we will be back.

My husband not being the most pc ever did say that maybe he would stay clear of the water as there was obviously something in it as he'd managed to spot not one but four who where expecting amongst the staff, unfortunatly I think the irony was lost on kerry at that point in the day. As she asked him what he thought was wrong with the water.
My mother always said I had to take him everywhere twice once to enyoy it and the second time to appologise.

Thanks for a great stay we will be back again

• Stayed: December 2013
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear SummerHolder1

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn again!

What an incredible review. The staff are delighted that they have managed to keep to your high standard that we’ve set from your previous stays. Our staff are strive to keep every guest happy and for them to feel at home. On behalf of Daniela, Fateha, Fili, Liam, Helen, Lyndsey Angel, Esther and Kerry thank you for your recognition of their hard work.

Thank you once again for your kind words. No doubt on your next stay we will have our own in house nursery or even a small football team.

We all look forward to seeing you both the next time,