“hady for transport links”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Ranked #32 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“hady for transport links”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is very close to Trams and trains with good parking and shopping centre near by. If you stay here get the £3.50 tram ticket can use all day on tram and buses a bargain. Sat nav will not find the hotel had to use hotels notes to find the place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Karen P

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Premier Inn during your recent visit to Edinburgh.

I’m pleased that you found our hotel to be in a good location and that you made great use of our fantastic transport into the city centre.

Due to our hotel being a fairly new some SAT NAV devices will struggle to find our hotel but if you use the post code for a nearby building (EH12 9HA) you will find us much easier. You can also follow the written directions on our website.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for I night at the weekend, I must admit I'm a bit of a hotel snob and had my reservations, however I was taken by surprise. The room are spacious and clean, the only fault would be the air can be a little stale in hotels without opening windows, however we were out all day so it didn't matter. The décor was fresh and well maintained, staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly- could give lessons to many other hotels. We did not have dinner in hotel but menu looked adequate and was reasonably priced. We did have breakfast which was fresh, hot and unlimited. Again staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. It is quite a bit out of town but only 1 stop on the train to haymarket and it is a few steps from the train and tramline. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anniemum

I’m very pleased to hear that we surprised you and you have enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms. Our team do everything the can to make our guests stay enjoyable and I’m happy that you found them to be helpful and friendly.

On your next visit why not try our Meal Deal. For only £22.99 you can enjoy two courses for dinner in our Thyme restaurant and our as much as you like Premier breakfast the next morning.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was staying at the hotel, clean, nice and totally uneventful...like an overcast day! It's little happening, so maybe the right place to stay for a business meeting or the night before a flight.
The food was good, the service was pleasant but not personal...

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Vicente M

I’m happy to hear that you found our hotel to be nice and clean. We have a great location with easy access to the Edinburgh city centre as well being in a quiet area within the business park. I’m sorry to hear that you did not find our service personal. Our team work very hard to look after our guests and make them feel welcome I hope on your next visit you will experience this.

Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed the last few weeks at the Premier Inn. The rooms are what you would expect for the price, clean and reasonably comfortable. I struggled a little with the bed - personally I didn't find it very comfortable but you get used to it. On balance it's decent value, depending on the price you're paying. At times, there are better alternatives available at similar prices.

For me the location is ideal in terms of access to the business park and the rail services to Glasgow. The new tram service is also close, but I haven't used it yet.

The Premier's restaurant was a pleasant surprise. It's very reasonably priced, the food is good and the service is consistently excellent. The training shows through in terms of the consistency, but there's more to it than just that. The buffet breakfast is also good and again reasonably priced. Finally there's a meal deal that is a fixed price breakfast and evening meal. Very good value.

The restaurant is the reason for the 4* rating. Well done.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank THincPM
Dear THincPM

I’m happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and reasonably comfortable. Please let our team know on your next visit about the bed and we will try our best to ensure you are as comfortable as possible. Our team are here 24 hours to help.

I’m very pleased that you have enjoyed our Thyme restaurant. Your comments have been passed to the team who are delighted! Our team here work hard to ensure the same great experience every time and I am very happy to hear that they were consistent in delivering this.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booking two weeks ahead of a visit for the Festival, there was limited choice in Edinburgh. This new facility was clean and comfortable but in semi-industrial surroundings with no local atmosphere. Good rail/tram access to the city in the daytime but no public transport after midnight. Way overpriced at £140 per night B&B for two - which did not even include unlimited wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony H H, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear TiNaKanoume

I’m pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. August in Edinburgh is the busiest time of year this reflects in the prices around all of Edinburgh’s hotels. We are competitive with our pricing and I’m sorry that you felt that we were over priced. Travelling to and from the city centre during the night you would use the Night bus the N22. This travels back to South Gyle Crescent (a 5-10 minute walk from our hotel) every 30 minutes from the Walter Scott monument on Princes Street starting from 12:15am Till 4:15am

London, UK
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because hotels in the city were busy and expensive with the Festival. It was a bit a schlep by tram but finally got there. The hotel looked modern, check in was a bit tiresome as there was an issue with my booking but the room I had was great. I was only there for a night but it had plenty of room, a really comfortable bed and air conditioning too. Wifi speed was ok. Breakfast was great and a taxi appeared to take me to my office within 5 minutes. Would be ideal for the airport as only a few tram stops away but I wouldn't normally stay there myself as it's not convenient for the city or our local office. Overall nice hotel if the location works for you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear SJS15

I’m really pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our all you can eat Premier breakfast. We are conveniently located next to Edinburgh Park train station. This makes travelling to the city centre much easier than venturing in by car and it will only take 10 minutes.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is part of a large UK chain (for Americans, think Comfort Inn). Rooms were comfortable and clean if a bit small; we stayed as a family of four so the two separate twins plus double (as opposed to the usual two double/queen arrangement) was appreciated. Breakfast was extra (was ok, not great). So was wifi after 30 minutes (which is really odd) but it didn't work at all anyway which was a big problem. Staff was very helpful and friendly which is the reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 3.

I could easily see staying here for a business trip in the area (which is one big office park), and with the train and tram both right outside the hotel getting into the city center was pretty easy. But it did take awhile (30 minute train trip, not including waiting) and meant we couldn't easily go back to the hotel, freshen up, and then go out for dinner again without driving all the way (sort of defeating the purpose). So if I were to do it again I would pay a little more and stay closer in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear mattne

I’m happy to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable and clean and that you also liked our room set up for a family. I’m sorry that you found our Wi-Fi to be problematic we have recently had our Wi-Fi updated by our supplier and it is now running faster.

If you would like to reach the city centre quickly the train from Edinburgh Park to Edinburgh Waverly will only take 10 minutes. The tram however will take you around 15-20 minutes.