“All Pizza Huts are the same...”
Review of Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut
Ranked #1,099 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My partner chose this place as was hungry and also tired out after a day long sightseeing, couldn't be bothered looking for a place to eat. I wouldn't have picked a chain restaurant on my travels but the things we do for love...

Pizza tastes the same as everywhere. The salad bar was a complete mess. The little waitress was lovely. Thing is places like this, you know what to expect.

1  Thank loopyallie

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Me and a group of friends popped in for a meal before a night out without booking and I felt some of the waiting staff were quite rude and hesitant to give us a table, despite us turning up around half 8. However, our server was really great and had a sense of humour. With us being a quite large sized group we thought we'd wait a little while for food but they all came in good time. I'd recommend if the right staff were on!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Last week we went to the Pizza Hut @ Fontainbridge with my husband to try their buffet offer which sounded rather attractive 7 pounds per person for pizza+pasta+salad.

We were welcomed by a very kind waitress at the door and were asked whether we wanted a buffet? We were shown our way to the table. The waitress saw that I am pregnant and could have "recommended" that they have something tastier than this offer as she knew the quality of the food.

She understood that we never tried this offer before as we were still sitting at the table looking at two promotion leaflets she put in front of us earlier and came in a few minutes to explain how their buffet worked. At this point she had another possibility to change the situation and explain that the food they offer in buffet is not suitable for pregnant women.

I do not know from where to start. From pizzas with really poor dough that seem to have more soda than flour, from pasta that was kept warm for hours in heated trays and became pasta spreads instead or from vegetables for salads that did not have any juice left in them because they were either leftovers from the previous day or were cut very early in the morning (we went at around 1pm there).

Well, the most "amazing" thing about the service was when the waitress came and asked if everything was ok!!! I was speechless.

Anyway, the place is tidy and has a great location but I would never recommend this place for a buffet. You will waste your time, cravings for pizzas and mood.

Highly NOT recommended.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Didn't really want to visit but Grandson persuaded me. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, value for money and the excellent staff. Both had the "Buffet " and everlasting soft drinks. Considering what it cost, the pizza , pasta and salad bar were excellent. Well presented, all fresh and hot or cold as appropriate. A very pleasant young lady called Aynsleigh seated us, took our order and attended to refills etc. without being obtrusive. Would visit again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We were seated without too much delay. Our girls were given the usual colouring materials to occupy them. Our order was taken quickly by a lovely young lady named Aynsleigh. She was very enthusiastic, and suggested various accompaniments to our order. Our meals arrived in good time. It was all delicious and hot, and thoroughly enjoyable. Our waitress was very attentive throughout, and went out of her way to ensure we were looked after. A very lovely meal.