“Great location, good price”

Travelodge Edinburgh Central Queen Street
Ranked #65 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great location, good price”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Travelodge Central on 10/19/13. We arrived to Edinburgh in the morning and they held our luggage during the day while we went sightseeing before check-in. The room was clean, small, and sufficient for us. I liked the tea and coffee available in the rooms. The best thing about this Travelodge is its location. It is just a block off the Royal Mile, easy to get to and close to bus routes.
I would definitely stay here again and save money!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We enjoyed our 2 day stay at this Travelodge. It was a good location for us in Edinburgh New Town- 12 minutes walk from Waverley Station-within good walking distance of the town centre and museums etc.The staff were friendly and helpful. Even though it was near town we weren't disturbed by outside noise on Thursday or Friday night. We would certainly stay here again-my wife has stayed earlier in the year with a group of friends.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

really great location but make sure you don't have a room that backs onto the alley on a thursday night. Refuse collection at 6am is defeaning!!. Its a pity as everything else was good but i'm giving the hotel the benefit of the doubt and assuming the hotel was full

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The title of this review is plainly and simply down to an in this hotel for which I complained about and never received an apology.

Stayed for 2 nights in late October and used it basically as a place to sleep nothing else, therefore only spent from around 1am to 9am in the room.

In the early hours of our 2nd night there I awoke and couldn't get back to sleep due to the appalling smell, not wanting to wake my wife I didn't go searching around the room to fined the source of this smell - until it became too overpowering after a few hours.

It turned out that the cleaner had left a full open bin bag in the corner of the room full of the rest of the hotels rubbish (including disguarded take aways, nappies, tissues etc)

I went to reception to complain and the response I got was "really? ok I'll get someone up there soon" she then walked off!!

1 Thank mallyduk
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Edinburgh Central Queen Street, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear mallyduk. We are sorry to learn about the poor experience you had at our hotel. We expect all of our rooms to be clean and fresh on your arrival so it is regrettable to learn there was an unpleasant smell in the room which is due to our cleaning staff not being diligent when cleaning your room. We also expect our staff to provide high levels of customer care during your stay. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.
North Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Edinburgh is not a cheap place to visit - you need your money for cocktails at Harvey Nicks, romantic dinner for two in some boutique restaurant & breakfast at Volvona & Crolla.

All you need in a hotel, this place has in spades: location, cleanliness and a comfortable bed.
Your money isn't wasted on superfluous add-ons that you don't usually need.
Leaving you free to buy that second Martini.

Highly recommended

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Having paid £50 per night for a family room my expectations were quite low. I was also worried that with the family room (my son and daughter are 15 / 13 years old and 6ft 5, 5ft 8 respectively) we could end up packed in like sardines.
Very pleased / relieved to find that the room (411) was very large with plenty of room for the four of us and our luggage. The room was non road facing and very quiet. Two windows made it very light. The heating unit was quiet and easy to control. Wi-fi was available for purchase (bearing in mind the price of the room I had no complaint with this arrangement).
The staff were friendly and professional, leaving our bags on day the of departure was no trouble for them.
I will definitely stay here again and can recommend 100%.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Manchester1414
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I frequently visit Edinburgh, but this was my first stay at the Quuen Street Travelodge. It won't be my last!

In terms of location, value for money and cleanliness the hotel cannot be faulted. Our room was very small and there is no hotel bar, so you wouldn't wish to use this hotel as anything other than a base. But when used for this purpose it is absolutely ideal!