1,277 results
All reviews great location travel lodge breakfast box hanover street vending machine cafe rouge family room room was clean george st bars and restaurants budget hotel rose street within walking distance short walk short stay stayed here for nights quiet location
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Ideal location, quiet street, good staff and clean comfortable rooms. Not far from a good selection of cafes, restaurants, and bars. If travelling via airlink bus get off at George Street then its not to far to walk with a case.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

There are a number of Travelodge's in Edinburgh called "Central" we saw four, Queen street is situated about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the station but a taxi is the preferred option as it is all uphill. We stayed in Edinburgh for 4 days and used two Travelodge's and this was our favourite (the other was St Mary st). It is situated in a quieter area but still "Central" for info the castle is about a 20 minute walk but art galleries much closer.
The hotel is a typical Travelodge but does not have a restaurant or bar, however there are a quite a selection very close to this hotel, there are no hair dryer's in the room but just request for one at reception.
I would recommend this hotel.

1  Thank BazF_13
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed 2 nights - one booked later than the other as my plans changed. The cost for the second night was considerably more - more than twice as much as the first night, but I didn't want to have to change hotels so I paid up. I could have got the Radisson for the same price on the second night. The reception is austere and institutional, but the rooms are perfectly acceptable. You know clearly what to expect from the website - no toiletries or hairdryer in the room. This was fine at the cost for the first night. I did experience internal noise in the small hours of each of the nights, but this is often par for the course hotels in cities which have a lot of stag and hen parties. The hotel is very well placed for bars and restaurants in the new town. I would definitely recommend it if you can get a good price. But for last minute deals you might be better off elsewhere. I have rated it as very good for the price I paid for the first night!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great, central location in a very pleasant part of Edinburgh - close to Princes and George Street and all the other popular attractions within walking distance.
The hotel was all we hoped it would be; clean, comfortable beds, great value for money. Our request for a quiet room ( before we arrived) - front of hotel - was granted. There are lots of great places for breakfast so it wasn't a problem that this wasn't included. .Would definitely recommend this Travelodge and hope to return.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here before a gig as it was cheap and I'm glad we did. It's very central and near lots of nice bars and restaurants. When we stayed here it was a brand new hotel and it was very comfortable and the staff were pleasant.

The room we had was located to the side of the hotel so it was pretty quiet. We didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

I will stay here again.