Travelodge Edinburgh Central Queen Street
US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
1,001 results
All reviewstravel lodgegreat locationhanover streetbreakfast boxvending machinecafe rougefamily roomroom was cleangeorge stbars and restaurantsbudget hotelrose streetshort walkwithin walking distancestayed here for nightsquiet locationwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked two rooms for four nights at this hotel. The staff generally showed an indifferent attitude toward hotel guests' inquiries, such as our request to check our incoming parcel from York.

Though we had booked two rooms with identical features, that is, ensuite room with double bed, sofa and pullout, as stated in the invoices, we were arranged just one such room. Our other room was smaller in size located in another section of the floor, but there was no corresponding adjustment made to compensate this. This thus has made the deal not worthwhile.

Also, after checking in, we found that hand wash and hair wash was not replenished, and the bottles were empty in both rooms. Communication
between hotel rooms was a problem because there was simply no telephone in the rooms, and we had to rely on public payphones outside the hotel and on the next street. Hence, this hotel is not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Quiet location. Easy walking distance to most things. Good value. Warm, good sized room. Queen bed was very comfortable but little bed (family room) was very hard. No twin option available. Good shower. Bathroom floor wasn't clean behind the door! On only one night of five did I hear some noisy guests coming in. Otherwise very quiet. I would stay again but would like a comfortable twin option. I walked from station but might have got taxi if I had heavy luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank han024
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First off I must clarify that my days of visiting this kind of hotel to drink 12 pints in the vicinity, return to a room (shared with 4 other people), sink into a sleep so deep I risk soiling myself, and eat a congealed donna and chips out of my chest hair in the morning have thankfully passed. I now consider myself an urbane and sophisticated traveler; and it's on this basis that I write this review.

Travelodge do a fantastic job and this stay was no exception. The staff were friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was far more comfortable than the more expensive guest house we stayed in previously. Accordingly I had good sleep and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

One small problem was that the bathroom floor seemed to collect water and this wasn't resolved during our stay. I considered this a niggle, a small rough edge, which I didn't mind at all given the budget nature of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James L
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We changed to this Hotel after spending an awful night in a single bed (that was advertised as a double on the website) at an apartment block nearby. We were so grateful to come to the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of this Travelodge. The room was clean and bright, airy and tidy. Great central location, only 5 minutes walk from Waverly station. Friendly and helpful staff. Great price for Edinburgh!

Room Tip: The rooms don't have the best view in most cases, because it is tucked away. But when you are in the centre of Edinburgh you don't really mind that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

It does what it says on the tin... Good clean budget accommodation in as brilliant location for exploring Central and North Edinburgh. No issues.. Would recommend to anyone. Perfect for Playhouse or Festival too

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple