“Great place to stay”

Travelodge Edinburgh Central Queen Street
Ranked #58 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This Travelodge is about a 10-15min walk from Waverley Station. Close to the centre but away from the noise. This is the second time we have stayed it is well looked after, very clean and friendly. We will be using it again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terence H
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Edinburgh Central Queen Street

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is silent and very central, decently clean (though we had to request for some hair to be removed from the shower drain) and extremely well-positioned for both the airport tram and the station. Unfortunately I experienced troubles connecting with the provided WiFi (which I paid for, obviously) and I found the bed quite uncomfortable, too soft and with one spring poking my back. The fact that the room was placed in the basement and therefore not particularly bright didn't help but, alas, that was bad luck.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AliceTwain
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Easy walking distance to most things. Good value. Warm, good sized room. Queen bed was very comfortable, hotel next to some restaurants and bars. Room and bathroom were clean. This hotel is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Alper E
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is in a brilliant location with excellent prices considering it's in central Edinburgh. The bed was so comfortable! We stayed on the 2nd floor at the back of the hotel next to some restaurants and bars which were a little noisy when emptying all the bottles into the bins but not a huge problem, this is not the hotels fault and we understood this was possible with being in the centre. Room and bathroom were clean. Can't really complain! We would and will defiantly stay at this travelodge again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ladymuck83
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked two rooms for four nights at this hotel. The staff generally showed an indifferent attitude toward hotel guests' inquiries, such as our request to check our incoming parcel from York.

Though we had booked two rooms with identical features, that is, ensuite room with double bed, sofa and pullout, as stated in the invoices, we were arranged just one such room. Our other room was smaller in size located in another section of the floor, but there was no corresponding adjustment made to compensate this. This thus has made the deal not worthwhile.

Also, after checking in, we found that hand wash and hair wash was not replenished, and the bottles were empty in both rooms. Communication
between hotel rooms was a problem because there was simply no telephone in the rooms, and we had to rely on public payphones outside the hotel and on the next street. Hence, this hotel is not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Quiet location. Easy walking distance to most things. Good value. Warm, good sized room. Queen bed was very comfortable but little bed (family room) was very hard. No twin option available. Good shower. Bathroom floor wasn't clean behind the door! On only one night of five did I hear some noisy guests coming in. Otherwise very quiet. I would stay again but would like a comfortable twin option. I walked from station but might have got taxi if I had heavy luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank han024
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First off I must clarify that my days of visiting this kind of hotel to drink 12 pints in the vicinity, return to a room (shared with 4 other people), sink into a sleep so deep I risk soiling myself, and eat a congealed donna and chips out of my chest hair in the morning have thankfully passed. I now consider myself an urbane and sophisticated traveler; and it's on this basis that I write this review.

Travelodge do a fantastic job and this stay was no exception. The staff were friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was far more comfortable than the more expensive guest house we stayed in previously. Accordingly I had good sleep and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

One small problem was that the bathroom floor seemed to collect water and this wasn't resolved during our stay. I considered this a niggle, a small rough edge, which I didn't mind at all given the budget nature of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple