“Nice pub”

The Chanter
Ranked #138 of 152 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West End
Brampton, Canada
“Nice pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I happened upon this place out of hunger alone. The service was not very good but the atmosphere and the food were excellent.

• Visited January 2014

“Ok, not hugely impressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Fairly standard pub food affair. Reasonably priced but not particularly memorable and loud setting. Friendly service and spacious at quieter hours.

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Me and Hubby stopped in here yesterday as it was right next to our hotel. We had our dinner here and it was very nice.

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Terrible - What a Disappointment!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I visited this pub yesterday after searching for a Stonegate pub in Edinburgh following a recent visit to The Goose pub in Doncaster where we had delicious food. What a disappointment the chips were oily and the burger was burnt around the edge. When I received my sweet which was the same one as I had in Doncaster ie Cookie Cup Explosion it had obviously been heated for too long in the microwave and the outside of the pastry case was very hard and the mallow instead of being soft was crunchy. My partner went to the bar to order drinks and whilst he was there a female member of staff passed my table and pushed his chair forward towards the table even although his spectacles and part empty glass were sitting. In my eyes, ever so rude. I will definitely not be back. I cannot believe the huge difference in 2 Stonegate pubs.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Best price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Okay how do you beat a price of 6.95 for huge burger chips and a pint. Your choice of beef chicken or vegetarian. We enjoyed watching a game for awhile along with some welcoming locals. They have a lot of standard pub fare on the menu and people seemed to be enjoying their food.

Visited September 2013