“Great curry house by the sea”
Review of Spicy Affair - CLOSED

Spicy Affair
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in the heart of Edinburgh, Spicy Affair offers mouth-watering Indian cuisine.Spicy Affair is renowned throughout the Edinburgh area for its divine style and presentation of traditional Indian cuisine, this is achieved by paying special attention to every fine detail and only using the very finest ingredients.We offer something for every member of your family and if your favourite meal is not on our menu just call 0131 467 8976 to ask us, and our chef will happily try and prepare it especially for you
Brighton
“Great curry house by the sea”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I just discovered spicy affair and its just around the corner. Excellent food with great flavours and value for money. £6 for curry and rice, I'll be back. It's also great to sit in just the decor is a bit outdated but I had a laugh with the 2 guys running the place.

Edinburgh
“Good food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Had butter chicken few day back really liked it. They cook food right in front of me. Which was really good.

UK
“Great food, no frills take away”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Great food with no frills at a very affordable price. Conveniently located near ocean terminal, not hard to find.

Visited July 2013
uk
“Poor service and awful food”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I ordered a meal for two tonight via just-eat.co.uk. My order consisted of:
1 x Garlic Naan, 1 x Jalfrezi, 1 x chicken chow mein, 1 x boiled rice, 1 x chicken pakora starter and 3 cans of juice. My order was placed before 8.30pm. It arrived at approx 9.55pm..almost an hour and a half later! I phoned Spicy Affair on 2 occassions, in the first instance i was given an apology and told that i would receive pakoras/naan bread free of charge. The order arrived with no free items. The 'chow mein' consisted of a portion of PASTA with 4-5 pieces of chicken and some chopped onions. It was dry and tasteless and certainly NOT chow mein. The food and service was beyond terrible. I will not be ordering from your resturant again.

“Amazing Butter Chicken!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This is more like a takeaway than a restaurant, and has only 3 tables and the best butter chicken I have ever eaten! The prices are pretty low, especially for the extras that add up like poppadumns, chipatis, nans, etc. Desserts are around £1 so I can't resist my rice dessert!

The portions were very good, the staff friendly and we have been back since...if it were closer to where I lived I would be there more often.

It is also a bring your own bottle, which saves pricey wine charges at most establishments.

• Visited September 2012
Anurag R, Owner at Spicy Affair, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Really thankfull for your reply and glad to know you enjoyed our food... quick update that we are back open again after a short closure which was due to some unavoidable circumstances. We would love to see you again some day. regards from your friendly chef/Owner