“Decent coffee and crepe”
Review of Le Cafe Gourmand - CLOSED

Le Cafe Gourmand
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Breakfast and Lunch French Café/Creperie.
Reviewed 25 March 2013

A nice little cafe, which I went to because I saw macarons on the menu-but they looked small and sad and were a little bit pricey so I settled for a coffee instead. It was perfectly fine, and service was sweet, and I spotted a crepe menu so I had one with nutella. Again, it was perfectly reasonable, although by no means the nicest or freshest crepe I'd ever had. There are probably other cafes in the area that warrant a visit, but this was a decent cafe overall.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Lovely atmosphere, not too overcrowded compared with similar cages. Would definitely choose to reststop here over Starbucks. The savoury crepes are beautiful! Very pleasant service too!!

Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

We visit this cafe every weekend for great eggs royal and benedict. I highly recommend this place for breakfast

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Gorgeous food, lovely ambience, lovely staff, warm and welcoming - perfect ! Crepes are absolutely gorgeous, light and perfectly made and presented; macaroons- perfectly delicious - highly recommended !

1  Thank COH123
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I just tried this cafe for breakfast and the food was spot on.

I ordered Eggs Royale which was delicious. Perfectly poached eggs and nice hollandaise. My only criticism is that I'd have liked a little more sauce.