Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Decent hotel
This hotel has a nice location and easy access to all the links. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Staff was helpful and with local geographical knowledge, which helped in finding places quickly. And you can see castle from the hotel, which is a bonus. So overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Adsachdev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I'm delighted you had a lovely time and you found our facilities to be clean and well maintained.

We always aim to deliver great value and high standards and feedback such as yours is a great tool to help us review our services.

Thank you again and I really hope we can welcome you back in the future.

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stopped for 3 nights from Fri 27th Sept with my mum. The hotel was in a brilliant location with great views of the castle from the bar/restaurant area. We had room 321 and were lucky to have a castle view from our room as well. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. John in particular was always cheerful and asking everyone about their day etc. We stopped at the Haymarket Premier inn a few years ago which was fine but I prefer this one, maybe because it is smaller so you feel like you are getting a more personal service.
Obviously, if you get a room at the front of the hotel then you are going to get the noise of Princes Street but this never bothered me.
We had the meal deal, this included breakfast (all you can eat :o)) and a 3 course meal and drink. The breakfast was brilliant, I stuffed my face in a morning and then I didn't need to eat until tea time. The evening meal was ok for me as a meat eater, it is a limited menu on the meal deal but enough to keep you going for a few days. I wouldn't advise you having the meal deal if you are a vegetarian (my mum is)...there is 1 vegetarian main meal choice on the meal deal (Mediterranean skewers) and these were not available on the Saturday or Sunday night when my Mum asked for them. This is one part of the menu that does need to be worked on.
Anyway, all in all we had a brilliant time, shame its back to rainy Yorkshire haha. We would definitely come back to this hotel (just maybe give the meal deal a miss next time)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Claire L,

I'm so pleased that you had such a fantastic stay with us, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

It's lovely to hear that you were able to benefit from a room with a view of Edinburgh Castle, it really is a stunning outlook. I have passed your comments on to the team and of course John, who was so helpful and friendly to you both.

At Premier Inn it really is important to us that our guests have a brilliant stay and that our team work hard to deliver great service and comfortable, clean rooms. I really hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is the 2nd time we've used this hotel and it was even better this time round. Staff could not be more friendly and helpful. Location is the best with only a few minutes walk to all the main attractions in Edinburgh. Plenty of entertainment nearby. Can't recommend this place enough.

Dear George B,

Thank you for your lovely review. It's always great to welcome guests back and even better to hear we exceeded your previous expectations!

My team are delighted with your positive feedback, I'm sure you'll agree they do a fantastic job and it's very rewarding for them when our guests recognise that.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend. I was surprised to get a disabled room but this was obviously my mistake when booking. I spoke to Sasha at reception who said she would arrange a change to an upper floor the following day. This was done and I got a nice room on the fourth floor. I must say that all the staff at this hotel were excellent and acted as if they personally owned it.

The Room was adequate, not plush but very comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities. It is all that one would need for a city break. Breakfast was not included in the price but Continental
and Hot Breakfast were available at a reasonable price each morning.

Hotel was at the Western part of Princes Street, near Castle Street and there were quite a few good restaurants around. Coming from Ireland, I found Edinburgh to be an expensive city, especially for food and drink. However, there are lots of restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the hotel.

The only complaint that I had was about WiFi. I purchased the 24 hour deal for £3.00 as I wanted to stream a concert from the Internet. It just did not work, kept uploading and loosing the connection. I just had to abandon it. I was able to hear radio on it the following day but that too broke down. Had to go back to settings to reconnect but it was still better than the video streaming which was unsatisfactory. I would have had no problem paying more for it but it is important that it works. Also, there was no shower cap, shampoo or toilet brush in the room.

I would stay in this hotel again as I was made feel welcome, it was central and comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: Bring your own shower cap or shampoo if you need it. Shower gel was provided over the bath.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GObnait28
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear GObnait28,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your feedback regarding my team is absolutely fabulous and I think really sums up what they aim to deliver on a daily basis. I am delighted that Sasha arranged a more suitable room for you and I will ensure that your appreciation is passed on to her.

I am sorry that you had difficulty with the WIFI, it isn't the fastest bandwith and I fear this may be why you had issues with live streaming. Please be assured that I have forwarded your feedback on to the internet service provider for their futher investigation.

For your future comfort, unfortunately Premier Inn do not provide a shower cap or toilet brush in our rooms as a brand however we do have little "emergency" kits available from Reception which include a small shampoo and conditioner.

I'm really pleased that you found our hotel quiet and comfortable and that the team made you feel so welcome, I really do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Great find in the heart of Edinburgh. Our room overlooked the castle and it was a spectacular sight each morning. Book early and request the view - it is a great bonus if you can secure it. Staff are super friendly and extremely helpful - every staff member could not do enough for you. Rooms were generous and very clean .. Basic but satisfied requirements. Tea and coffee making facilities with linen changed daily. Great location for shopping and dining - good value for money. Make sure if arriving by car you have good direction notes. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raina L
Dear Raina L,

Thanks for your lovely comments, I'm glad you had such a fantastic time with us.

I'm delighted we were able to allocate you a room with a view to the Castle, it really is a beautiful sight to wake to and a stunning backdrop to the city centre. Unfortunately we are never able to guarantee these rooms however my Reception Team work really very hard to try wherever possible to meet the request.

Your feedback on my team is greatly appreciated, they work tirelessly to try to make sure every guest has a brilliant stay with us and I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for this to be recognised, thank you.

I really hope that should you return to Edinburgh we can welcome you back to Princes Street Premier Inn.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my umpteenth visit to Edinburgh. It gets better! This time we stayed in the Premier Inn with a view. I like this chain of hotels as they guarantee a good night's sleep, what is the basic need when staying anywhere overnight? an uninterupted sleep. Just to put icing on the cake, in this hotel, in case you had a difficulty, in the bedroom, they had the contact details of reception,failing that, of the manager, and failing those, that of the regional manager. As it happens we had four nights of comfort and no need for any back up. So take a bow!
The hotel is centrally situated and has a great view of the castle from the dining room. We even had a view of the castle from our bedroom. We had the offer of dinner and breakfast one night/morning and these were very good, but as we like to try out different restaurants in the evenings and are not into big breakfasts we passed on the next few days.
The room and furnishings were good as was the cleaning service. So well done. We'll be back.

Dear Wayfarer27,

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences, I really do appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great 4 days and, as is so important, a fantastic uninterrupted sleep. Providing the contact details for all levels up to our Regional Manager is something that Premier Inn now do in all hotels, which I think is a very positive statement and really demonstrates our commitment as a brand to ensuring our guests have a brilliant stay with us, thank you for noting this.

We are very lucky to have such a fantastic location right in the heart of Edinburgh and our views are spectacular. Edinburgh is such a wonderful city, steeped in so much history but with a real modern and cosmopolitan feel and so much to see and do - I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

During our recent trip to Uk my husband and I were on the way to Wisbech, Cambridgeshire after holidaying with relatives near Inverness. An overnight stay at Edinburgh was included as part of our hoilday plan and it was such a relief to find a vacancy at the Princes St. Premiere Inn! Staff there were delightful, cleanliness and comfort of rooms could not be faulted, access to
wi-fi a bonus, resturant staff helpful and courteuous, meals a great example of how good value does not detract from good cuisine!. We have since recommended this Premiere Inn to friends and family both in UK and Australia and have stated our appreciation of the hotel in posts on our face-book wall! Thank you Premiere Inn for making our once in a lifetime trip to Scotland all the more enjoyable by providing two very mature and inexperienced travelers with a welcoming overnight stay at your hotel .
Sandie and Mick Pope

Dear Mr & Mrs Pope,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you had such a fantastic visit.

It's great to hear you enjoyed a meal in our restaurant, with its fantastic views it really is a lovely relaxing place to spend an evening. My team are delighted with your positive feedback and in particular the Housekeepers, who take a great pride in delivering such high standards, thank you for recognising that.

It really means a lot to us that we helped to make your amazing trip that much more enjoyable and this is what we strive to deliver every day. I really hope that should you decide to return to Edinburgh in the future, we can welcome you back again.