“best hotel in edinburgh”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My boyfriend and I are just home from a 2 night break in Edinburgh and stayed in the city centre hotel - our room was absolutely fantastic (room 615) - we just opened our curtains and looked right at the castle. Such a lovely thing to see first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Location of the hotel is right on the heart of Princess Street so its handy to everything and 10 mins from the trains and buses. We will definately stay here again when we return to Edinburgh - why pay for the Hilton when this hotel is available?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Zippyzipster,

Wow - what a fantastic review, I am delighted with your high praise and that you consider us the best hotel in Edinburgh!

I'm so pleased you and your boyfriend had a lovely time, room 615 is a lovely room and does offer some of the best views in the city, a spectacular site to wake up to. Edinburgh is such a wonderful city and we couldn't be better placed to enjoy it.

Thank you for the time taken to share your views, I really do appreciate the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Could not fault this hotel. Although I had requested a castle view room twice, we didn't get one. This wasn't an issue once we were in our room as it was so peaceful. All staff very pleasant. Easy to find and right on the main hub of things. Easy walking distance to Royal Mile and Rose street sits right behind. Faultless

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemma,

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

I'm really sorry that we were unable to allocate you a castle facing room - the upside to this as you have noted is that the other rooms are away from the main street and therefore quieter - I fully appreciate it can be frustrating to not get the requested view, but we try to manage guest expectations at the time of request by explaining that we cannot guarantee a room with a view. Unfortunately the only way we can guarantee these rooms is to make them bookable by on a different price point and in order to maintain value that is not something we are keen to do.

I am delighted to hear that this didn't affect your stay and that you had such a great time, Edinburgh is a wonderful city and we are so well positioned for our guests to enjoy everything on offer.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences, I really appreciate the time taken and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not a lot to say about a premier inn as they are all really nices places to say.This hotel has the best location in edinburgh . In the centre of Princes street so easy access to the castle, royal mile and Mary kings close and running parallel with Rose street thats full of bars and restaurants.
The only downside to me was that the bar was so small and didnt sell draught beer. Although edinburgh is full of bars it is nice to get back to your hotel and have a nightcap.
The hotel is fronted by Charlotte. She was permananty smiling and went out of her way to help customers . i watched her check in a Dutch couple with two small kids and spent so much time with them explaining what there was to do in the city. Her and Sasha were happy to print our boarding passes off for us and nothing was to much trouble for them. They are a credit to the hotel

1  Thank Gary E

Dear Gary E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, feedback is such an important tool for us.

Our location really is fantastic and very central to everything that the city has to offer and I am delighted with your comments regarding Charlotte and Sasha, both are very guest focussed and as with the rest of my team, work exceptionally hard to deliver high standards of service. Thank you for taking the time to recognise that, it is very rewarding for them.

Our bar and restaurant area is relative to the capacity of the hotel and whilst we don't have a wide range of draughts (only lager) we do offer an extensive choice of bottled beers for your comfort.

Thanks again for your review, I really value your comments and the time taken and I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Recently stayed for 1 night as part of a hen nite. Great location on Princes St, rooms are clean, spacious and functional - beds are comfy and room has everything you require (hairdryer / tea & coffee facilities / tv etc). I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again and found it a great introduction to my first ever stay in a Premier Inn...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DubDimples

Dear DubDimples,

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you found your room suitable to your requirements. Our Housekeeping Team work exceptionally hard to maintain such high standards of cleanliness and it's great when our guests recognise that.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is that breakfast is not a pleasant start to the day. It is totally spoiled by the loud (and I mean loud) and non-stop caterwauling and screeching that passes for canned "musak". Perhaps it is to get the tables emptied more quickly?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Torquay81
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Torquay81

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, feedback is such an important tool to enable us to better understand our services and our guest needs.

Whilst I am disappointed you found the music in the restaurant too loud, I am delighted that you note this as the only negative thing during your stay and of course this is something that we can fix straight away. For your future comfort, please be assured that our music system is volume restricted to ensure it is never goes above a certain level and do not ever hesitate to contact a member of the team if you find it in any way intrusive as we will gladly adjust this for you.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views, I hope you will note the difference should you return.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, the room was spotlessly clean and the bed was SO comfortable! The breakfast menu was superb and all the food was freshly cooked and really nice. We ate in the restaurant on 2 evenings and, although the menu is limited, the food was very good and not too expensive. The location of the hotel is ideal for sight-seeing in Edinburgh, just a short walk from the Castle, the Scottish National Gallery, Waverley Station and the Royal Mile.

1  Thank HarryK1947
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear HarryK1947,

I am so pleased to read your lovely comments, it seems you had a great stay with us.

My team work very hard to deliver great service and high standards every day and it's always great to know we are doing a good job!

I have to agree that Premier Inn beds are extremely comfortable, there's nothing better than a great nights sleep to prepare you for a day exploring the city - couple that with our breakfast and you are set up for a great day ahead.

I really hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great stay in yet another premier inn!! This one was the best so far due to the friendly staff, high standard of customer service, great location and comfortable stay! Would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear 18PaulineM18,

Thanks for your lovely review, it's always great to receive such fantastic feedback.

You are obviously very familiar with our brand and it's a huge compliment to us that you consider your recent stay one of the best. We always try to deliver a great experience for our guests and it's reassuring to know we are doing a great job.

I really hope to welcome you back again soon!