Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Keflavik, Iceland
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wonderful staff, very helpful and friendly. Very good rooms, clean and very comfortable beds. Great location, so close to everything, for shopping, pubbing
eating or just enjoying the beautiful Edinburgh.

1 Thank Isak L
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Isak L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, feedback is such an important tool for us to better understand our guests needs.

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay and I have to agree that the team really are wonderful. They work very hard to maintain such consistently high standards in all areas and it's very rewarding for them to see their efforts appreciated.

Edinburgh is a fantastic city and we are very well positioned to enjoy all that's on offer, I'm really pleased that our location suited your needs.

Thank you again for your review and I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights from 18th to 20th November. Must stay really enjoyed it. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had breakfast on the Wednesday morning. The restaurant were friendly. Really enjoyed it the set up was good would stay here again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma M
Dear Gemma M,

I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

At Premier Inn we aim to deliver great value, clean and comfortable rooms and a team that genuinely care you have a great stay with us and I am delighted that you found this to be the case.

I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Brilliant location on Princes Strret ideal for shopping and dinning out with Rose street just behind the hotel full of bars and restaurants,great view of Edinburgh Castle, bus stops straight outside the hotel to all locations. we had a £22.99 meal deal during our stay which included a 3 course Dinner with a free drink and the Premier inn Premier Breakfast. very friendly and helpful staff, they couldnt do enough to help us with advice and information. John in the Restaurant & Charlotte on reception excelled in good service.

Dear Tim B,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted to hear you had a lovely stay with us and that you took advantage of our Meal Deal option, I'm sure you'll agree it represents great value - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the service your received. The team really do work exceptionally hard to deliver high standards and I am really pleased that you were impressed by their efforts, particularly John and Charlotte. Both are so proud that they made a difference to your stay.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience, I really do appreciate it and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here night of 13th November. Hotel is pleasant. Rooms are adequate. Staff are pleasant and helpful. We were allocated a room on the 6th floor. There seemed to be a problem with, we think, the air conditioning causing a very unpleasant smell in the room. We went out to a show in the evening and on our return the smell had worsened. We phoned reception and although late at night, we were offered a change of room which we accepted. After a comfortable night we spoke to reception staff in morning. We were offered breakfast on the house which was delicious. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jmacl03
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Jmacl03,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm really pleased that the Reception Team were able to move your bedroom following the issue with the air conditioning in your bedroom, please be assured that we have since had an engineer review this and the required repairs have been completed, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It's fantastic to hear that you consider our team to be friendly and helpful, I do agree they do a fabulous job. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast, it really is a fantastic way to prepare for the day ahead.

Thanks again for your comments, I really do appreciate your feedback as it enables us to really understand our guest's needs.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Fishguard, West Wales
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I Have returned today 17th Nov 2013 after a seven day visit to to Scotland I must say that of all the Premier Inns that I have stayed at (and there are many) this one tops them all so far, thats not to say the others i've stayed in any way poor but Edinburghs Princes St. staff were the friendliest and the meals and service were excelent.

Dear Gareth G,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

I am delighted with your feedback, as are my team. I can't tell you how rewarding it is for them when our guests recognise the hard work that they do, I'm sure you can see why I am very proud of them all.

At Premier Inn we strive to deliver clean and comfortable rooms, great value and a team that really care about your experience and it really means a tremendous amount to us to receive such lovely feedback, thank you.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is very central and provides a great place to stay whilst enjoying Edinburgh. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great value for money but only had evening meal on one occasion and did feel the menu was a little limited. The food was very tasty though. Room was clean and comfortable but did show signs of a bit of wear and tear. Probably due to the fact the place is well used. All in all had a great time and very pleased with the hotel.

1 Thank Kazri
Dear Kazri,

Thanks for your lovely review, I'm pleased you had a great stay with us.

It's lovely to hear that you found our team to be very friendly and helpful, they really do work hard to welcome our guests. I agree that breakfast is great value for money, particularly for those travelling with children, there is so much to choose from and really does set you up for the day ahead. I'm sorry that you felt the evening menu is somewhat limited, the menu at our Premier Inn is a little smaller than most with the emphasis on high quality, freshly prepared produce. I will of course share your comments with our Food Development team for consideration in our next menu refresh. I am pleased that your meal was very tasty, our chef's do take a lot of pride in their work and it's lovely when our guests recognise their efforts.

Please be assured our Maintenance Team do invest a tremendous amount of time trying to maintain the paintwork in the bedrooms, however you are right in that as we are a very busy hotel it can be difficult to get into every room, every week. We are trying to review how best to approach this to keep our rooms looking as fresh as possible.

Thank you again for the time you have taken to share your feedback, I am delighted you had a great time and were very pleased overall with our hotel.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Location of this hotel on Princess Street is ideal for all the tourist bits and shopping. Staff fantastic and the rooms very comfortable and clean, the choice of breakfast exceptional We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends