“A really warm welcome with excellent service”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #19 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed overnight for the Previously History Fest. Welcome was friendly and very efficient. Everyone we came into contact with went out of their way to make our stay as trouble free as they could. Had a meal in the restaurant, and breakfast. Again, standards were high and staff worked hard to make us feel welcome. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Mallard53,

Thanks for such a great review, I really value the time taken to share your experiences.

I am absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding my team, I cannot tell you how proud I am of them. They work really hard every day to maintain such high standards in all areas and they genuinely do care that every guest has a great stay and it is very rewarding for them when guests take the time to recognise the work that they do.

Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I thought I knew what to expect from a Premier Inn - good value, reliable accommodation in a convenient location... But my stay at the Premier Inn on Princes Street ticked all those boxes and more! I've stayed in quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels over the years and i can honestly say that the customer service Premier Inn provided would put many of them to shame. The care and attention from every single staff member we encountered was absolutely first rate.
We were checked in by Duty Manager Corrina who could not have been more friendly and helpful - what a great welcome. Next morning, Graham offered us a quick guided tour of the restaurant after asking if we'd dined there before - very useful. On checking out we met Charlotte who kindly dealt with our luggage etc. When we returned to collect our stuff a few hours later, she gave us a really warm welcome and had clearly remembered where we had been going to etc. Special mention would have to go to her colleague (who I think was called Adam?) - he had noticed me speaking to Charlotte in reception and spotted that I had taken my heels off (as they were rubbing my feet), so he popped over with a couple of plasters for me. It's a simple thing, but a great example of the care and attention staff there routinely devote to their guests. Completely above and beyond all my expectations!
Another area that greatly impressed me was the breakfast - we paid £8.50 each for our breakfast and weren't charged for our 4 year old daughter. I've paid double that before in a four star hotel and found that the breakfast we had in the Premier Inn was just as good, if not better! Not a huge selection, but I thoroughly enjoyed what was on offer, both continental and cooked buffets. Big thumbs up!
Oh, and one more thing! Obviously you know what type of room to expect at a Premier Inn but this one (no.612) had the added bonus of an unexpected and spectacular view of Edinburgh Castle. Rooms with a view like that normally come with a hefty mark-up in Edinburgh, but not here!
I really don't think I can praise this Premier Inn highly enough. Usually when we head to Edinburgh for the night, we try and get a good deal on one of the city centre's 4 star hotels - but I don't think I'll bother next time... I'll just head straight back here!

Room Tip: We were in room 612 and it (and probably 610) had an amazing view of Edinburgh Castle! It was also v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Nairney_83,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I cannot tell you how delighted the team are with your kind words, it really means a lot to them when our guests take the time to recognise their hard work. I'm sure you can understand why I'm so proud of them all. I have shared your comments with Charlotte, Corrina, Graham and Adam and all are so pleased to have contributed to you having a great trip to Edinburgh.

I have to agree that our breakfast offers great value, particularly for families, it's such a good way to start the day and really sets you up for a busy day around the city!

Thanks again for taking the time to share such great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

All staff were very welcoming, knowledgeble and friendly
Food and drinks very reasonably priced especially for the middle of Edinburgh. Choice and quality of food was good.
Location was very good for visiting the theatre

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Iain B,

Thanks for your lovely review, I really appreciate the time taken to share your experiences.

At Premier Inn we aim to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room, great value for money and a team who really care that you have a great stay, I am delighted that you found this to be the case and my team are really pleased to with such great feedback.

Thanks again and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent service from check-in to check-out. Just returned from a 3 night stay including breakfast at this hotel and could'nt fault it.All staff very friendly the hotel is ideally placed for all sightseeing trips would highly recommend a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia

Room Tip: Sixth Floor Rooms overlooking princes st and castle
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here in a group of 16 for a very classy Hen Do!

On arrival even though there was a large group of us the check in process was very smooth and well organised with little extras like the offer of City maps and local taxi cab numbers.

Our room actually smelled awful as we opened the door but to be fair to the staff it was checked and we got moved to another room within 30 minutes without any fuss at all.

Situated above New Look at the top end of Princes street it's great for accessing all the best parts of Edinburgh.
After a busy day of sight-seeing and Treasure Hunting we has a quick meal in the restaurant which was very good value and tasty!
Can't fault the hotel and would definitely return! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Gill2012,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm really pleased that you all had a great weekend and that the team looked after you and your party so well.

Please accept my apologies that the first room allocated wasn't suitable, the issue has since been investigated and resolved. I'm delighted that we were able to relocate you quickly and let you get on with your visit to our wonderful city.

Thank you for the feedback on your restaurant experience, I have to agree it does offer great value and is a lovely area to recharge your batteries after a busy day around Edinburgh.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences, I really hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wonderful staff, very helpful and friendly. Very good rooms, clean and very comfortable beds. Great location, so close to everything, for shopping, pubbing
eating or just enjoying the beautiful Edinburgh.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Isak L
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Isak L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, feedback is such an important tool for us to better understand our guests needs.

I am delighted that you had a lovely stay and I have to agree that the team really are wonderful. They work very hard to maintain such consistently high standards in all areas and it's very rewarding for them to see their efforts appreciated.

Edinburgh is a fantastic city and we are very well positioned to enjoy all that's on offer, I'm really pleased that our location suited your needs.

Thank you again for your review and I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights from 18th to 20th November. Must stay really enjoyed it. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had breakfast on the Wednesday morning. The restaurant were friendly. Really enjoyed it the set up was good would stay here again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma M

Dear Gemma M,

I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

At Premier Inn we aim to deliver great value, clean and comfortable rooms and a team that genuinely care you have a great stay with us and I am delighted that you found this to be the case.

I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.