“Good value, good location.”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Aberdeen
“Good value, good location.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Rarely would I feel tempted to give a chain hotel a 5 star review, but the location of this place and reasonable (£80) mighty charge has persuaded me.

The hotel is bang on princes street opposite the castle, and the views from the restaurant are great.

The rooms wee as you expect from this type of hotel, but the staff were very friendly and the email I received in advance of arriving was a nice personal touch.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Premier inn on Princess street from the 2th to 23rd of Nov 2013. The Hotel is just a 5-7min walk from the waverly railway station and is directly opposite the famous Edinburgh Castle. Although we dint spend much time in the hotel and dint get a chance to dine in, but the Hotel was very nice, Clean and had all amenities one could ask for. A value for money hotel for people travelling to Scotland and are in a mood to Explore rather than stay in!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Damanpr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm really pleased to hear that you had a great stay, at Premier Inn we strive to offer clean and comfortable rooms, great value and a team on hand who really care about your experience. I'm delighted that we delivered this for you.

Thanks again and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed overnight for the Previously History Fest. Welcome was friendly and very efficient. Everyone we came into contact with went out of their way to make our stay as trouble free as they could. Had a meal in the restaurant, and breakfast. Again, standards were high and staff worked hard to make us feel welcome. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mallard53,

Thanks for such a great review, I really value the time taken to share your experiences.

I am absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding my team, I cannot tell you how proud I am of them. They work really hard every day to maintain such high standards in all areas and they genuinely do care that every guest has a great stay and it is very rewarding for them when guests take the time to recognise the work that they do.

Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I thought I knew what to expect from a Premier Inn - good value, reliable accommodation in a convenient location... But my stay at the Premier Inn on Princes Street ticked all those boxes and more! I've stayed in quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels over the years and i can honestly say that the customer service Premier Inn provided would put many of them to shame. The care and attention from every single staff member we encountered was absolutely first rate.
We were checked in by Duty Manager Corrina who could not have been more friendly and helpful - what a great welcome. Next morning, Graham offered us a quick guided tour of the restaurant after asking if we'd dined there before - very useful. On checking out we met Charlotte who kindly dealt with our luggage etc. When we returned to collect our stuff a few hours later, she gave us a really warm welcome and had clearly remembered where we had been going to etc. Special mention would have to go to her colleague (who I think was called Adam?) - he had noticed me speaking to Charlotte in reception and spotted that I had taken my heels off (as they were rubbing my feet), so he popped over with a couple of plasters for me. It's a simple thing, but a great example of the care and attention staff there routinely devote to their guests. Completely above and beyond all my expectations!
Another area that greatly impressed me was the breakfast - we paid £8.50 each for our breakfast and weren't charged for our 4 year old daughter. I've paid double that before in a four star hotel and found that the breakfast we had in the Premier Inn was just as good, if not better! Not a huge selection, but I thoroughly enjoyed what was on offer, both continental and cooked buffets. Big thumbs up!
Oh, and one more thing! Obviously you know what type of room to expect at a Premier Inn but this one (no.612) had the added bonus of an unexpected and spectacular view of Edinburgh Castle. Rooms with a view like that normally come with a hefty mark-up in Edinburgh, but not here!
I really don't think I can praise this Premier Inn highly enough. Usually when we head to Edinburgh for the night, we try and get a good deal on one of the city centre's 4 star hotels - but I don't think I'll bother next time... I'll just head straight back here!

Room Tip: We were in room 612 and it (and probably 610) had an amazing view of Edinburgh Castle! It was also v...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Nairney_83,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I cannot tell you how delighted the team are with your kind words, it really means a lot to them when our guests take the time to recognise their hard work. I'm sure you can understand why I'm so proud of them all. I have shared your comments with Charlotte, Corrina, Graham and Adam and all are so pleased to have contributed to you having a great trip to Edinburgh.

I have to agree that our breakfast offers great value, particularly for families, it's such a good way to start the day and really sets you up for a busy day around the city!

Thanks again for taking the time to share such great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

All staff were very welcoming, knowledgeble and friendly
Food and drinks very reasonably priced especially for the middle of Edinburgh. Choice and quality of food was good.
Location was very good for visiting the theatre

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Iain B,

Thanks for your lovely review, I really appreciate the time taken to share your experiences.

At Premier Inn we aim to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room, great value for money and a team who really care that you have a great stay, I am delighted that you found this to be the case and my team are really pleased to with such great feedback.

Thanks again and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent service from check-in to check-out. Just returned from a 3 night stay including breakfast at this hotel and could'nt fault it.All staff very friendly the hotel is ideally placed for all sightseeing trips would highly recommend a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia

Room Tip: Sixth Floor Rooms overlooking princes st and castle
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here in a group of 16 for a very classy Hen Do!

On arrival even though there was a large group of us the check in process was very smooth and well organised with little extras like the offer of City maps and local taxi cab numbers.

Our room actually smelled awful as we opened the door but to be fair to the staff it was checked and we got moved to another room within 30 minutes without any fuss at all.

Situated above New Look at the top end of Princes street it's great for accessing all the best parts of Edinburgh.
After a busy day of sight-seeing and Treasure Hunting we has a quick meal in the restaurant which was very good value and tasty!
Can't fault the hotel and would definitely return! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Gill2012,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm really pleased that you all had a great weekend and that the team looked after you and your party so well.

Please accept my apologies that the first room allocated wasn't suitable, the issue has since been investigated and resolved. I'm delighted that we were able to relocate you quickly and let you get on with your visit to our wonderful city.

Thank you for the feedback on your restaurant experience, I have to agree it does offer great value and is a lovely area to recharge your batteries after a busy day around Edinburgh.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences, I really hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.