“Perfect central hotel”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here the weekend before Christmas.Hotel is a short walk away from Waverley Station (approx5/10min).
We were welcomed by present and friendly reception staff who helped and assisted us perfectly.
Room was spacious and clean. I suggest you ask for a castle view as we faced a building at the back of the hotel which wasn't scenic. However we weren't in the hotel room long enough to bother about views.
Hotel room has hair dryer, coffee/tea making facilities, tv.
I will be returning to this hotel next time I'm in Edinburgh.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola1984

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel as did several other family members and friends, for two nights, to attend our son's wedding. It was a wonderful experience - the staff were friendly and efficient, receptionists, waiters/waitresses when 15 of us dined on Friday evening, and for two breakfasts. They couldn't have been more helpful with our wedding preparations, providing an iron and ironing board promptly, booking taxis for us all and wishing the bridegroom and the family, 'Good Luck'. There were several children in the group and they were treated exceptionally well, as welcome as the grown ups! I have never had a problem at any Premier Inn and this one is no different except that perhaps it is a touch better than some might be. Thank you all so much for making a special weekend even easier.

Room Tip: We had rooms to suit our needs - double, twin and family rooms. Extra beds in the family room were b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RuffordLancashire
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It was expensive, but everything is expensive inEdinburgh and Premier Inn was no exception. What the city has to offer and that too in the month of August, I would say the price paid was more than okay. Check in was different and quick, they have this automated machine installed where receptionist help you to complete the payment using your credit/debit card. make sure you carry the card with you as they dont charge before you arrive to the hotel. Room was okay, the city was awesome. reception is on the 1st floor, go inside and take the lift to 2nd floor. princes street is a very busy street, keep an eye to your right if you are coming keeping the castle on your left to locate this hotel. I was in love with Edinburgh, so much to do, so much to see. Would go again and again - dont forget to take a trip to Scottish Highlands once you are done with Edinburgh.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThunderExe
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had booked tickets to see The Lion King with our 5 year old daughter and booked overnight accomodation in this premier inn so we could have some time in Edinburgh also (xmas market etc). At first, everything seemed okay. The recepitionist was friendly, the room was clean. We went out to see if we could find somewhere to eat, but everywhere was full with long waiting times. Our daughter was hungry, cold and fed up. No worries, we thought, we can just go to our hotel restaurant. However, when we got there, we were told we couldn't eat in the restaurant until 9.30pm due to a shortage of staff. It was 5.30pm at that point. We were very annoyed. When you book into a hotel, you expect to be able to eat in the restaurant should you want to. As there was nowhere else, we were forced to go to McDonald's. Not what we had planned when we paid over £400 for this weekend away (accomodation, theatre tickets). The receptionist apologised and said we could get our breakfast free as an apology. As I had already booked and paid for this in advance, she said she would refund this the next day. We then went to bed and found our room to be freezing all night (room 425). We couldn't get the heating adequate for us. Then the next morning, the shower was lukewarm. I was disappointed in the breakfast, I distinctly remember more being on offer at previous travel inn stays! When it came to refund us, the refund wouldn't go through. The girl said she would get the refund to us later that week and that she would email us. Over 2 weeks later, I'm still waiting for my refund and email! This experience has put me off ever using premier travel inns again and I very rarely comment negatively.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kizzib80
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Kirsty,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, please do accept my sincerest apologies that your visit didn't meet our usual high standards and for the following delay in your refund. I have contacted you directly to ensure we can resolve this as a matter of priority for you.

I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your dinner reservation at the time you required. Unfortunately our restaurant can be unpredictable and we have to forecast our staffing levels based on demand. Whilst in the majority of cases these are more than sufficient, on very rare occasions the demand can be so high that we cannot accommodate all reservations.

Regarding our breakfast, please be assured that as a branded operation the breakfast offering in all Premier Inn's is to the same high standard and all sites offer exactly the same products to ensure we maintain consistency for our guests.

I am genuinely sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us as much as we would have wished, I hope that you can see from the majority of our other reviews that this is not indicative of the experience that our guests generally have when staying here at Princes Street Premier Inn.

I really hope that we can get this resolved quickly for you and that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I visit Edinburgh regularly but have never used this Premier Inn before, it's fairly new and right on Princes street so I decided to give it a go and I was not dissapointed!

The location is great, it's just on the top end of Princes street and it has amazing views looking up to the castle. Everything you could want in Edinburgh is right on your doorstep, you're literally right on the main shopping street and the Royal Mile is a 10 minute walk away, the OMNI centre is only 15 minutes away and Rose street (with it's never-ending stream of pubs) is just the street behind which takes about 2 minutes to get to! The bus station is only a 10 minute walk away and the train station is even closer! The hotel is located close to both Waverly and haymarket train station. However, even with it being right in the centre it is still very quiet, quadruple glazing on the windows means we heard nothing from outside!

The rooms are brilliant as usual with a Premier Inn, spotless, welcoming and up to scratch and the view from our room was beautiful (especially at night with the Xmas lights).

Although, the main reason this hotel is great is the staff, I honestly couldn't commend them more! Steffi checked us in on the Friday and was extremely helpful, even bringing an iron directly to our room, there was another blonde haired girl on both friday and saturday who was also so friendly and kind. During our visit my boyfriend became unwell and all of the staff were extremely caring, they really helped us out without making us feel like we were a nuisance. Roy the housekeeper is another example of the amazing staff, he came up and sorted our room for us even though we were unable to leave the room and did not make us feel like we were in the way, he was helpful and friendly and made a point of asking if my boyfriend felt better and if he needed anything. The other girl on reception on Saturday morning (brown hair in a ponytail, was on Sunday afternoon aswell) sorted everthing out for us straight away when she found out he was not well.

I reccommend this Premier Inn to everyone, don't look anywhere else! I certainly won't, I will be staying here every time I visit Edinburgh from now on!

Room Tip: Every room has a good view but top floor, front facing rooms have an excellent view over the castle...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clairefairb
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay and having done so I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Edinburgh. By far the best Premier Inn I've come across. Very modern. Lovely bar/restaurant area with view of the castle - our spacious, comfortable room also has this feature. Fantastic location in central Edinburgh. I'd definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Enjoyed two nights here and it was great. Well located for all amenities and superb accommodation. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a central location and relaxing time. Very good value and good food. Would make this my first choice on my next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends