Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$201
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$187
US$361
US$210
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
HotelIndigo.com
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
Agoda.com
US$221
US$201
2,936 results
All reviewsprinces streetopposite the castlegreat locationcastle viewmeal dealrose streetfamily roombudget hotelexcellent staygood nights sleeproom was spotlesstrain stationwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepbars and restaurantsshort breakroyal mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The location, service and room were all brill.. cannot fault this place and staff in anyway. Was made very welcomed from start to end of stay here.. Had room with view of castle that was icing on the cake for myself and partner

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie s
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 11am, but left our luggage securely locked away. When we did check in, we had a room with a lovely view of the castle.
Can't fault the hotel in any way and breakfast is a delight, made especially pleasant by John and his "Grandad".
Second stay at this hotel, wouldn't stay anywhere else in a Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Room 421, lovely view of castle
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 28kath60
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Edinburgh was our first stop-over in Scotland when we visited in Feb 2014. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights before leaving for the highlands.

The hotel is located conveniently on the Princes Street in the New Town and a 15 min walk from the Bus Station. Its located right opposite the Edinburgh Castle, with some rooms giving a nice view of the Castle. Sadly ours didn't. With several high street stores and eateries around, the location is 5 star.

We had requested for an early check-in as we were reaching Edinburgh by an overnight bus from London. We reached the hotel at around 8:30am but were made to wait a good 2+ hours. Their excuse was that being a Sunday, the housekeeping staff comes late and the rooms, although available, are yet to be cleaned. We waited in the lounge and had breakfast in the meantime. Which I think was very expensive at close to 9 quid/pp.

The room was nice and comfortable with functional furniture.

While waiting for our room to be readied, I spoke to the reception staff to get some tips on touristy stuff to do in Edinburgh, sadly, she didn't have much of an idea which felt strange.

Room Tip: Request for a room with Castle view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R0hitKatyal
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear R0hitKatyal,

Dear R0hitKatyal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm really disappointed to hear your feedback and genuinely sorry if we let you down. You will note from the majority of our other reviews, that alongside our amazing location, our Team are often noted as delivering fantastic service levels. Please can I ask you to contact me on the email address below as I'd really like to identify the team member who was unable to meet your tourist information needs as this is usually where my team excel.

I'm sorry we were unable to allow you to check in at 8.30am, I assure you that if we have rooms available we will always ensure our guests are checked in regardless of the time. Unfortunately as you arrived on a Sunday, we are usually unable to accommodate such an early request as more often than not we are fully booked on a Saturday night. As the majority of our guests are tourists, there aren't usually many up and away so early. I do fully understand your point, although I hope you can appreciate that it is a very fine line for us as the reason our Housekeepers don't start until 10am on a Sunday is to ensure that our guests are not unnecessarily disturbed too early. I am delighted that we were then able to get you checked after 10.30am and I hope that this didn't cause too much of a delay for you.

I'm glad that you found our location met your needs, I agree it's a fantastic base to really explore all that the city has to offer.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is such an important tool for us to monitor our services and it's always great to understand where enhancements can be made. I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is in the centre of Edinburgh so it's very convenient. There is Pizza Hut and other restaurants literally opposite the hotel. The high street shops are a short distance away as is the castle.
The staff are friendly and the breakfast buffet was the highlight of the stay! There was everything available, all the food was fresh, the rooms/toilets were clean.
But because of the location, it is difficult to sleep with the noise!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank faryaalahmed
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My stay at the Premier Inn was a wonderful experience. The location is ideal for a first time visitor to Edinburgh. All of the staff members, especially John, were friendly, knowledgeable, and competent. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and offered great suggestions for restaurants and night life. The personal attention shown to me was truly above and beyond my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business