“Location, location!”

Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Location, location!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my daughter. Picked it because of location on Princess Street, you are able to walk everywhere, great for shops, restaurants, hopping on bus. It was my second stay in a premier inn, it does what it says on the tin, clean room, tea/coffee in room, hair drier, good power shower, quick check in, and no noise at night at all, you can't even be sure of that in a five star!! My only quibble is the beds and I know the comfort of their beds is a big selling point but for me they are too firm and each morning I woke feeling sore and couldn't wait to jump into hot shower to ease my bones!! I would not like to stay more than couple nights simply because of the bed, however if you like firm bed and want good base for your stay then this is the place. I would like to suggest to Premier that they offer a mattress topper service for people like me who like softer bed. They already offer different pillows so why not add mattress toppers to service?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased you and your daughter had a great time.

I'm delighted you found your room well equipped, clean and of course quiet, which really helps to aid a good nights sleep. I'm sorry to hear that you find Premier Inn beds too firm, your suggestion of a mattress topper is a great idea and I will ensure to pass that on to our product development team. Until such time as we are able to offer this service, please don't hesitate to have a chat with our Reception Teams as we are more than happy to provide an additional duvet on top of the mattress if you do find it too firm. The great news is that Premier Inn recently launched a brand new mattress, with over 1000 individual pocket springs and a really cosy thick wool comfort layer. These are currently being rolled out across the estate - with over 650 hotel, it will take a bit of time but hopefully you will soon get to experience this great new bed in your future visits to Premier Inn.

Thank you again for you feedback, I really do value the time you have taken to do so and I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn soon.

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sheffield
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a very well situated Premier Inn and in most respects follows the national model of supplying exactly what you expect and doing so very well. However the food offering at breakfast is not up to their usual standard. Although there would seem be the possibility of creating a welcoming central buffet area they have seen fit to cram the hot food servery in one corner with the kitchen behind and while there are obvious benefits in keeping the food topped up they achieved this no more efficiently than if they had been bringing replacements to a central area. The net effect is similar to a school/works canteen servery which is not what the advertising hype promises. The choice for the continental breakfast was also very limited. Fortunately there are plenty of other eateries in the immediate vicinity which supply the necessary. All other aspects were good - we had an excellent room with a castle view and the staff were very helpful when required.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms at the front have great views of the castle but there is some road noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SheffieldTravellers9
Dear Sheffield Travellers9,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Feedback is such an important tool for us to continually monitor the standards and services we offer.

I'm pleased that you were able to benefit from one of our amazing castle view bedrooms, I'm sure you'll agree the views are stunning. At Premier Inn it remains our primary objective to deliver great value, clean comfortable rooms and a friendly team on hand to ensure you make the most of your time with us.

I'm very sorry that didn't enjoy the breakfast experience, I fully understand the points that you raised regarding the layout of the restaurant and please be assured I will feed this back to our property team to consider for any future refit. I also apologise that you felt the continental choices limited, Premier Inn has recently relaunched both the cooked and continental breakfast and further extended the continental range to now include fresh grapefruit and blueberry muffins and al feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm delighted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us and found all other aspects of your stay very good. I really hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

An excellent stay service, rooms clean, location excellent, and the staff were fantastic,and i will continue to stay at the Premier Inn,s when i ever i am away.It is excellent for our stay because we have children staying with us as well and we always find that it is a safe inviroment for them

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KerryPulvirenti
Dear Kerry,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I'm delighted to hear that we delivered another great Premier Inn stay for you and your family.

I'm so pleased that you feel safe when staying with Premier Inn, we work hard to create a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and it's very rewarding to receive such positive feedback for our efforts.

Thanks again for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I am libyan student .The hotel in an ideal location on the other side of the castle we had family room it was very nice with comfy beds , the breakfast was dilicious and superub the staff was very kind and welcoming recommended for every one

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ibrahim K
Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you and your family had such a great stay with us.

I do agree that our breakfast is delicious, it's fantastic value and a great way to kick start a busy day sightseeing around Edinburgh! My team are delighted with your feedback, they really try to make sure that every guest makes the most of their time in the city.

Thanks again for your kind words, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

south staffs
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed over Easter weekend. Location excellent, views amazing,food very good. Rooms good clean and comfortable. Now for the staff, so friendly and helpful,the 2 /staff I would like to mention were Annie and John they are a credit to this chain of hotel, everyone who works here that we met were lovely.

2 Thank traymat
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Fantastic location. Walking distance to all main areas ie Castle, Royal Mile and High Street. Buses and train station within 4 mins walks. Excellent view of the Castle from the restaurant. Breakfast is delicious at the restaurant and set you up for the day. Staff are very helpful.

2 Thank bmistry
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very warm welcome on arrival and booking in was easy and quick. Staff were all very helpful and engaging and we were treated like individuals not just numbers. Room was clean and tidy and a great nights sleep. The on site restaurant served up good food and the whole stay was superb. Location was ideal with easy access to the city centre activities.

2 Thank Paul F