Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #20 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night and it was clean and average price for Edinburgh. The location is excellent for Tourists. We had Dinner and Breakfast which both were very good. The room is smaller than some but for 1 night adequate. The only issue is the entrance is a bit hidden when you are walking trying to find the building.
The biggest asset is the Staff. All of them that we encountered were exceptional. They were first class. The Reception, Dinner and Breakfast Staff. I observed one Staff member show Guests where everything was located for Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Corran9

Thank you for your review, I'm so pleased you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. Our restaurant really is such a lovely place to dine with it's stunning views over to the castle.

I'm sorry you had difficulty finding the entrance, please be assured we are aware of this and the Reception Team work very hard to try to contact as many of our guests prior to arrival with advice on our location. The great news is we are currently awaiting approval from the council on additional signage so hopefully that may be in place on your next visit.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, I'm sure you can understand just how proud I am of them. They work exceptionally hard to try to make sure that all of our guests have a brilliant stay with us. It also means an awful lot to them when our guests take the time to recognise the work they do, again thank you.

I really hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Hotel is in a Brilliant location. Easy access to the city. Lots of pubs and restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly. The room was clean and tidy.
The breakfast was good and varied (apart from the mushrooms).

Dear Graham S

Thank you for your kind review, I really do appreciate the time you have taken to share you experience.

I have to agree, our location is fantastic. We are so well located for our guests to really enjoy all the Edinburgh has to offer.

At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, clean comfortable bedrooms and a team on hand who really care that you have a great experience. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the mushrooms at breakfast. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback on to our breakfast chef.

Thank you again and I really hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

What can I say? The staff from booking to reception made the stay for my 50th birthday perfect. the view was to die for and the staffs knowledge of the city was so helpful. Will defiantly be back for more

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for the team when our guests take the time to recognise the work that they do. I'm really very proud that we were able to help make your 50th birthday special.

I'm delighted to hear that you'll be returning to Princes Street in the future, please do contact me directly if I can help with any of your arrangements.

opsgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent three nights here last week. We ordered the meal deal ( breakfast and 3 course evening meal ) for £ 45. The evening meal was nice and the breakfast also. The breakfast staff were rushed off their feet ( due to everyone going down for their breakfast at the same time ! ) Would stay here again :) P.S. Had a wonderful view of the castle

Room Tip: Ask for a castle view

Dear Phil,

Thanks for your lovely review, I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the dinner and breakfast Meal Deal, I'm sure you'll agree it represents great value. Easter is one of the busiest times of the year for us and our breakfast team in particular have to work exceptionally hard to really deliver a great experience for each guest individually, I'm glad you have rated the service so highly as it's rewarding for the team when guests recognise the work the work that they do.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences, we really do value your feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It is a modest average hotel near the center and all the attractions with very reasonable prices and very clean, the bathroom was large and clean and the staff will assist you in that ask he asked sightseeing information

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Billakos2004

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I really do value all feedback as it allows us to continually review our services.

At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, clean comfortable rooms and a team on hand who want to make sure that you have a great stay with us and enjoy your time in the city. I'm a little disappointed that you would only consider your experience "average", as you will note from many of the other reviews this is not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

I'm pleased you found our location suited your needs and that the team were happy to assist in the local tourist information and you found the bathroom large and the hotel clean.

I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future .

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@witbread.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my daughter. Picked it because of location on Princess Street, you are able to walk everywhere, great for shops, restaurants, hopping on bus. It was my second stay in a premier inn, it does what it says on the tin, clean room, tea/coffee in room, hair drier, good power shower, quick check in, and no noise at night at all, you can't even be sure of that in a five star!! My only quibble is the beds and I know the comfort of their beds is a big selling point but for me they are too firm and each morning I woke feeling sore and couldn't wait to jump into hot shower to ease my bones!! I would not like to stay more than couple nights simply because of the bed, however if you like firm bed and want good base for your stay then this is the place. I would like to suggest to Premier that they offer a mattress topper service for people like me who like softer bed. They already offer different pillows so why not add mattress toppers to service?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased you and your daughter had a great time.

I'm delighted you found your room well equipped, clean and of course quiet, which really helps to aid a good nights sleep. I'm sorry to hear that you find Premier Inn beds too firm, your suggestion of a mattress topper is a great idea and I will ensure to pass that on to our product development team. Until such time as we are able to offer this service, please don't hesitate to have a chat with our Reception Teams as we are more than happy to provide an additional duvet on top of the mattress if you do find it too firm. The great news is that Premier Inn recently launched a brand new mattress, with over 1000 individual pocket springs and a really cosy thick wool comfort layer. These are currently being rolled out across the estate - with over 650 hotel, it will take a bit of time but hopefully you will soon get to experience this great new bed in your future visits to Premier Inn.

Thank you again for you feedback, I really do value the time you have taken to do so and I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a very well situated Premier Inn and in most respects follows the national model of supplying exactly what you expect and doing so very well. However the food offering at breakfast is not up to their usual standard. Although there would seem be the possibility of creating a welcoming central buffet area they have seen fit to cram the hot food servery in one corner with the kitchen behind and while there are obvious benefits in keeping the food topped up they achieved this no more efficiently than if they had been bringing replacements to a central area. The net effect is similar to a school/works canteen servery which is not what the advertising hype promises. The choice for the continental breakfast was also very limited. Fortunately there are plenty of other eateries in the immediate vicinity which supply the necessary. All other aspects were good - we had an excellent room with a castle view and the staff were very helpful when required.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms at the front have great views of the castle but there is some road noise
1  Thank SheffieldTravellers9

Dear Sheffield Travellers9,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Feedback is such an important tool for us to continually monitor the standards and services we offer.

I'm pleased that you were able to benefit from one of our amazing castle view bedrooms, I'm sure you'll agree the views are stunning. At Premier Inn it remains our primary objective to deliver great value, clean comfortable rooms and a friendly team on hand to ensure you make the most of your time with us.

I'm very sorry that didn't enjoy the breakfast experience, I fully understand the points that you raised regarding the layout of the restaurant and please be assured I will feed this back to our property team to consider for any future refit. I also apologise that you felt the continental choices limited, Premier Inn has recently relaunched both the cooked and continental breakfast and further extended the continental range to now include fresh grapefruit and blueberry muffins and al feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm delighted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us and found all other aspects of your stay very good. I really hope that we can welcome you back in the future.