“Great Location, Room & Staff”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great location overlooking the castle. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble especially Angela. Our room was bigger than expected, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic with a great choice - spoilt for choice! I would definitely visit again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear CHaggerty,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted with your feedback, yours is exactly the experience we want all of our guests to have when they stay with us. I'm so pleased that you found your room clean and enjoyed a great nights sleep, I have to agree I think breakfast is great value and really good way to start off your day in Edinburgh.

Angela is thrilled that she was able to contribute to making your stay such a positive experience. Our team really do work hard to try to make sure every guest has a great time in Edinburgh, it's so rewarding for them and makes me very proud when our guests take time to recognise their efforts.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Central location meant parking was a brisk 10 minutes walk away. Dragging your luggage. Positives included views of the Castle from the breakfast lounge. Breakfast itself (as long as you get there early) was good. Friendly and helpful staff, who were gracious, despite being clearly overworked. Bedrooms functional, BUT water pressure and plumbing issues need attention.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us. I really do value all feedback as it allows us to continually strive to better our services.

You have rightly noted - Edinburgh is not the most car friendly city in the world and as we are located right in the heart of the city, the parking is a short walk away, I do understand that if you have a lot of luggage, this isn't ideal. Our Reception Team work exceptionally hard to try to contact as many guests as possible prior to arrival to make them aware that Princes St itself is closed to private vehicles and to advise on the location of the car park.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us, it can be busy at peak times and I'm really pleased you recognise how hard the team work to try to deliver a great experience for every guest.

I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue regarding water pressure, we don't usually have any issues with the pressure, can I please ask you to contact me directly and provide me with the room number and I will of course ensure that our maintenance team review this as a matter of urgency.

Thanks again for sharing your views, I hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night and it was clean and average price for Edinburgh. The location is excellent for Tourists. We had Dinner and Breakfast which both were very good. The room is smaller than some but for 1 night adequate. The only issue is the entrance is a bit hidden when you are walking trying to find the building.
The biggest asset is the Staff. All of them that we encountered were exceptional. They were first class. The Reception, Dinner and Breakfast Staff. I observed one Staff member show Guests where everything was located for Breakfast.

Dear Corran9

Thank you for your review, I'm so pleased you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. Our restaurant really is such a lovely place to dine with it's stunning views over to the castle.

I'm sorry you had difficulty finding the entrance, please be assured we are aware of this and the Reception Team work very hard to try to contact as many of our guests prior to arrival with advice on our location. The great news is we are currently awaiting approval from the council on additional signage so hopefully that may be in place on your next visit.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, I'm sure you can understand just how proud I am of them. They work exceptionally hard to try to make sure that all of our guests have a brilliant stay with us. It also means an awful lot to them when our guests take the time to recognise the work they do, again thank you.

I really hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Hotel is in a Brilliant location. Easy access to the city. Lots of pubs and restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly. The room was clean and tidy.
The breakfast was good and varied (apart from the mushrooms).

Dear Graham S

Thank you for your kind review, I really do appreciate the time you have taken to share you experience.

I have to agree, our location is fantastic. We are so well located for our guests to really enjoy all the Edinburgh has to offer.

At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, clean comfortable bedrooms and a team on hand who really care that you have a great experience. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the mushrooms at breakfast. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback on to our breakfast chef.

Thank you again and I really hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

What can I say? The staff from booking to reception made the stay for my 50th birthday perfect. the view was to die for and the staffs knowledge of the city was so helpful. Will defiantly be back for more

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for the team when our guests take the time to recognise the work that they do. I'm really very proud that we were able to help make your 50th birthday special.

I'm delighted to hear that you'll be returning to Princes Street in the future, please do contact me directly if I can help with any of your arrangements.

opsgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent three nights here last week. We ordered the meal deal ( breakfast and 3 course evening meal ) for £ 45. The evening meal was nice and the breakfast also. The breakfast staff were rushed off their feet ( due to everyone going down for their breakfast at the same time ! ) Would stay here again :) P.S. Had a wonderful view of the castle

Room Tip: Ask for a castle view

Dear Phil,

Thanks for your lovely review, I'm so pleased you had a great stay with us.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the dinner and breakfast Meal Deal, I'm sure you'll agree it represents great value. Easter is one of the busiest times of the year for us and our breakfast team in particular have to work exceptionally hard to really deliver a great experience for each guest individually, I'm glad you have rated the service so highly as it's rewarding for the team when guests recognise the work the work that they do.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences, we really do value your feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It is a modest average hotel near the center and all the attractions with very reasonable prices and very clean, the bathroom was large and clean and the staff will assist you in that ask he asked sightseeing information

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Billakos2004

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I really do value all feedback as it allows us to continually review our services.

At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, clean comfortable rooms and a team on hand who want to make sure that you have a great stay with us and enjoy your time in the city. I'm a little disappointed that you would only consider your experience "average", as you will note from many of the other reviews this is not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

I'm pleased you found our location suited your needs and that the team were happy to assist in the local tourist information and you found the bathroom large and the hotel clean.

I really hope that we can welcome you back again in the future .

opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@witbread.com