Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We booked for three days requesting early check in as our flight was at 7 am .room was not ready until after 2 30 pm after numerous requests to ring and pop in to see if it was ready . Wardrobe space poor and no draw space . No glasses for water or even in the bathroom ! Keys not working staff not helpful free wifi (30 mins ) did not work bar area not big enough and poor choice of beer lager . Bed not changed in three days maud service not good overall very disappointing

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank juliepeteworcester
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Juliepeteworcester,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us, I really do appreciate the time you have taken.

Firstly I would like to extend my personal apologies that we didn't live up to our usual high standards. I'm sure that you will see from the vast majority of our other reviews, yours is not indicative of the experience we aim to deliver for our guests.

Whilst we will take into account any special requests, unfortunately as we are in the middle of peak season, it was always very unlikely that we would have your room ready so early. However my Reception Team clearly could have, and certainly should have, taken further action to get you checked in earlier and I am extremely disappointed that this wasn't done for you.

We have had significant interruption to our WIFI service in the last few weeks and this is something that we are working closely with our external suppliers to try to get this resolved. I absolutely appreciate the frustrations this is causing those guests who are affected.

I am pleased to confirm that our draft beer range has just recently been extended, this is something that we have been able to arrange following guest feedback, which is something I am sure you would be pleased to see should you chose to return.

All of our rooms are set up with 2 glasses alongside the tea and coffee making facilities and I can only apologise if this was not the case, this certainly is very unlike our Housekeeping Team who are usually very focussed on delivering high standards for our guests. As a brand we do not change the bed linen until the 4th day, as part of our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint, however please rest assured for your future comfort you are of course most welcome to request this is completed earlier and our teams will be more than happy to accommodate.

I am very disappointed that you didn't have a great stay with us, please be assured that all feedback, both positive and negative is shared and discussed across our teams and actions have already been taken following your experience.

You are most welcome to contact me should you wish to discuss this matter further. I hope that this does not deter you from using Premier Inn again in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,797)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What more can I say about this fantastic hotel that has not already been said ?
I booked to stay for 2 nights on 21 july , after reading some great revews on trip advisor .
My wife and myself thoroughly enjoyed our stay .
I have been in business myself dealing with the public for 49 years. It is a true saying that you are only as good as your staff , ALL OF THE STAFF AT THIS HOTEL ARE ECXEPTIONAL .
The welcome we recieved on arrival was great , within 10 mins. of arriving in our room we were given a courtesy call asking if our room was ok .
We stayed in room 621 top floor (6) with an amazing view of the castle .
We payed in advance for the breakfast and we were very happy with the food , it kept us going all day . ( ps . i like my bait )
Our room was spotless, we just felt so relaxed staying at this hotel and it was so quite at night.
I would not hesitate to use this hotel again , and would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff and those behind the scene , for a fantastic job .
WELL DONE .

Room Tip: Ask for castle view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was surprised to find a Premier Inn so highly rated out of all the hotels in Edinburgh, however after staying there I can see why! As a hotel the rooms are simple but very clean. I suspect the reason this hotel is rated so highly is due to the staff. They cannot do enough for you and always have a smile to greet you, unlike the staff at many other chain hotels I could mention. Please do the right thing and stay at this excellently located hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank whisky g
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at numerous Premier Inns and this one was probably the best. Good clean rooms with lovely linen and a large bed and lots of pillows!!! We had a partial Castle view which was an added bonus and the air conditioning was great as it was a very hot day. Breakfast was lovely and the staff where very attentive. Overall a great stay and we would definitely go back NB Carpark was a bit of a walk away and uphill - Princes street is car free but hotel does validate your ticket for a large discount

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and felt safe and cosy. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, too!

The location is great and there were coffee shops such as Costa and Starbucks nearby which were good for breakfast in the morning! You can also see the castle from the upper floors, which really makes you feel close to all the city has to offer!

The room was very clean and had all the facilities you would expect from a hotel of this price.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at Premier inn as we travel around the United kingdom and we have been very pleased with the accommodations. Clean, reasonably priced for the ideal location. 15 minute walk to castle, 10 minute walk to Carlton Hill, and plenty of restaurants right around the corner. You are able to pick up the tour buses 5 minutes way and there is a beautiful park right across the street. Yes you have to pay for wifi but really you should be out exploring instead of sitting in your room on the Internet.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has the lot.
Great location, phenominally friendly and helpful staff of the highest order. Spotlessly clean and comfortable.
Amazing breakfast, great little restaurant and bar serving good but inexpensive food and drink.
Far better than most major hotels and certainly worthy of a couple of more stars.
We will definitely return and I strongly recommend you try it because you will not be disappointed.
The standard of the staff are the best I have ever experienced and a true credit to the Premier Inn group...Exceptional

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends