“Good Value Hotel in Edinburgh City Centre”

Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel
Ranked #20 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spent 3 nights at this hotel. The best: 1) its location and proximity to everything in the city centre, including the Edinburgh Castle; 2) also good value for money. The not so good: 1) parking arrangements - parking is about 10 minutes walking distance and one certainly needs wheeled luggage if heavy. Parking arrangements are GBP10 per day. 2) also not so good being the charge for wifi internet - GBP3 per day (while all other places we stayed at while in Scotland had no wifi charges). The 30 minutes free wifi per day expire 30 minutes after you first log in (i.e., you can't save your unused minutes if you logged out say after 10 minutes and want to use your "balance" say 2 hours later).
Room and bath were clean and good size four our needs. Hotel (our room) was quiet. Staff were very helpful and courteous.
Tip: no need to eat at the hotel; there are plenty of cafes and restaurants within few minutes of walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a 2 night stay at premier inn Edinburgh. It was very reasonably priced ,very clean and the staff were lovely. Would recommend this hotel if your looking for a cheap get away to Edinburgh. It's very central

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed as a family of four in this hotel. I must say our stay was very pleasant. The staff could not have been nicer and the hotel and room were clean and comfortable. There is a lovely view of the Castle from the restaurant bar area. The only one negative was the fourth bed was a bit hard for my youngest daughter. The food was very good and the price was very reasonable for staying in the heart of Edinburgh.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

No parking nearby, cannot pull up out in front of the hotel have to cart luggage more than a mile this is very difficult with small children
Hotel was hot and stuffy no air conditioning, Showers were terrible

1  Thank Margaret F
ARiva1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (Princes Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Margaret F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to hear that you didn't have as great a stay as we would have liked.

Sadly, our car parking facilities are off site and several minutes walk away, Princes Street is closed to private vehichles and I really do understand how frustrating it is not being able to pull up outside the hotel to drop off bags. Unfortunately this is the main drawback for having such a fantastic central location and all hotels located directly on Princes Street face the same problem. Our Reception Team work very hard to try to contact as many guests as possible prior to arrival to highlight these issues and I am sorry if they were unable to reach you.

You have noted that the hotel has no air-conditioning, however please be assured that all of our main public areas and every bedroom is fully air conditioned. I can only apologise if you didn't feel the benefit of this.

Please do extend my apologies to your family also, it's always very disappointing for us when our guests leave unsatisfied. Your feedback is extremely valuable and serves to allow us to continually review our standandards and processes. If you wish to discuss your stay further you are most welcome to contact me directly.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014

First of all - only 30 min of free internet a day is not enough for anybody these days. No air conditioning or ventilation in the hallways makes your trip to your room super fast, because the chemicals they use to clean their carpets in the hallways is very intense and overwhelming , almost can't breath.On the other side, it's very close to everything we wanted to see, so the stay in this hotel made sense in that regard.

1  Thank Tatyana V

Dear Tatyana V,

Thank you for your review, it's always great when guests take the time to share their experiences.

I am sorry you were disappointed to only have 30 minutes free WIFI each day, however I am pleased to let you know that Premier Inn are trialling the technology to be able to provide free WIFI for all our guests.

Whilst all of our bedrooms and main public areas are fully air conditioned, you are right to note our floor corridors are not, in all honesty it's not often in Scotland we have a need for air conditioning!

One thing I really would like to clarify for you is regarding the chemicals used in the hallways, you stayed over the days in July where our corridor carpets were being professionally cleaned. This happens every 3 months and serves to ensure that the facilities are kept to the highest standard for our guests. Please be assured that this is not usual and the lingering chemical smell usually disperses very quickly, I do apologise that you found this too intense.

I am pleased that you found the hotel well positioned for your visit to Edinburgh and I really hope that you would return to Premier Inn in the future.

Kind regards
Ailsa Riva
Operations Manager
opsmgr.edinburghprincesstreet@whitbread.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would totally recommend Premier Inn, Excellent location, right in the centre of the city, the staff were extremely friendly - nothing was too much trouble. When travelling I don't usually like to eat in the hotel restaurant as its nice to experience local restaurants however, on this occasion I did and the food and service was great.
The only downside (if you can call it that) was the wifi was not working for the 4 days we were there, not a major as we were out and about exploring most of the time and there was no safe in the room to lock away passports or valuables. Other than that had a great stay and would most definitely book again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at so many Premier Inns but this one is by far the best. Location is just perfect as when I stay here it is for work in one of the shops next door to the hotel. I have stayed here twice - both times getting a view of the castle. It also is not noisy, or at least has not been during my stays despite being on a busy street (I am a very light sleeper, even with earplugs sometimes struggle). I have to say though the highlight was my elephant towels on my bed which were most unexpected!! Staff here both times were really lovely and welcoming. Premier Inns usually are all the same, clean and comfy but this one really stand out as one of the best. This will be my hotel of choice when in Edinburgh.

Stayed: July 2014